POP's FORDS

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users

Re: POP's FORDS

Postby lavron » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I like that last one 8)

See Ya,
Mike
64 Comet 202 Sedan, I6, Offy Triples, Header, CAM, Dual Point Distributor, 4.11 - 8" Rear.
My first car, I have owned it since 1979!
Restoration/Upgrade on a BUDGET - Working on; T-5, 8.8 LSD, MII, Air Ride - Whatever I do it will be awesome!
lavron
Site Admin

Postby popscomet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:33 pm

MAN those are neat !! pop
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby popscomet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:33 am

The Transplanter wrote:You soon get the hang of the steering wheel on the wrong side :) i have driven LHD cars here for years now, and RHD cars over on continental Europe and it soon becomes second nature :wink: Although overtaking can be tricky at times :shock:

The 103E's were very Popular HotRods over here in the 60's & 70's akin in many ways to your "32's". There seems to be a bit of a revival on them just now as there are some nice examples that turn up at hotrod/american car meets.

more info on wiki if your interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Popular

And a lot on Windsors found their way into them :)

well you get the idea :D

this was some neat reading,,,,have always said ,since I was a young kid....LEAVE IT TO FORD,TO COME UP WITH THE BEST IDEA,,THEY'LL ALWAYS MAKE THE LIGHT BULB SHINE BRIGHTER.......THANKS OL POP
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby popscomet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:14 pm

TODAY marks the 26th year,OL POP has been driving the little ford ranger PU.........it's been a good one!
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby albert » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Congrats Pop, hope you go another 26 with it..............enjoy
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust
albert

Postby popscomet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:12 pm

albert wrote:Congrats Pop, hope you go another 26 with it..............enjoy

:lol: :shock: it'd be nice,but I doubt the 5spd will trip my trigger in another 26yrs..... :shock: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby popscomet » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:59 pm

popscomet wrote:TODAY marks the 26th year,OL POP has been driving the little ford ranger PU.........it's been a good one!

2 weeks ago ,OL POP left the house on my daily goofin off trip,,I got a couple of miles from home and the ranger died going down the road,,coasted to a side road and had to call for a ride back home,went back with another truck and trailer,,,dang thing busted off and I drove it up on the trailer,got home and it started again and I backed it off trailer and parked it,,,it has never started since,,,,,,,,til today .....I hot shoted the fuel pump and it started pumping,,so I replaced the pump relay...runs and starts perfect,,but on my test run,I noticed it was hard to up shift and down shift,,acts like clutch is not releasing all the way,,,,so I reckon all these trouble free yrs of driving the ol gal has come to an end...but I can't be down in the lip about it...I just gotta find the culprit and fix it....and that ain't no step....for a stepper :!: :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda
popscomet

Previous

Return to All in the Family, Comet's Ford Sisters