Pop's Cobra build.

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
popscomet

Re: Pop's Cobra build.

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:hearing that gives me the Itch to go grab some gears in this ole blue comet. :P

Pop if you didnt notice I put a link up to it running .
yes sir I did thanks POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Better leave it on the run stand, that boy filled er up he's gonna wanta hear it run when he gets back!! :lol: :lol:

sounds great Pop !!! :D :D gives me the itch!! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqHz9Ib ... e=youtu.be
…..he'll hear it,DWAYNE GOT HIM some ear muffs to wear out in the shop . it'll stay on the stand and ever so often it'll be taken outside and fired up and just let run,,,,,til ready to install in the chassis.....that's the handy part of the stand being built on a trailer,and having a radiator...….
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Pop, I like your engine trailer. If I have time, i might try to cobble something up to break in the 390.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Pop, I like your engine trailer. If I have time, i might try to cobble something up to break in the 390.
THANKS !! built that trailer the 1st time,it had a box on it to haul my hunting dogs in,,yrs alater it was turned into a MC and then a 4whlr trailer,,several yrs ago we turned it into a start up stand,,,so it's had a few purposes in it's life,,,you can put it behind a truck and pull it down the road,,,,it has had many miles put on it,,,,pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

we fired this 289 up tonight again,,,it's startin to grow on me...startin to like the little thump it has.....think it''l make the grade...pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AIN'T much new to report on the cobra,,motor runs good and has grown on us as far as the cam sound,in fact we pulled it outside Saturday on the start up trailer and just let it run awhile,,we know the cam will work just fine as it is the same in the red comet and in my 5.0 capri,,,we are just takeing a break from working on much of anything,,we did change out the exhaust system on son's 2017 5.0 mustang and I have my 66f100 on the lift changing oil ,filter grease job,,we did drill a hole in rear end and changed grease,,all the yrs I've had it,,never checked it,had no leaks or seaps so I never worried about it,boy it was black and thin and smelled ,,but it's ready now for nother 50 plus yrs,,at least it now has a drain plug....it won't be very long and we'll get fired back up on the cobra,,,told son ,,had going on 21 yrs,,,a few more mo's ain't going to hurt nuttin :lol: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DUE to son's knee operation and me getting kinda feeling puny,the cobra has just sat,,,,now we have bought the 5acre place next door,,so we have lots of work in front of us,cutting clearing trees and brush so son can start on shop and house.SO THE COBRA will have to wait some more..altho we do start it's engine ever so often and let it run awhile.....if ol pop lives long enuff the cobra will get done,,but right now it is just eye candy !!...pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

that's keeping it fun. no deadlines. More important things pop up, that's life. How's the knee now?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:that's keeping it fun. no deadlines. More important things pop up, that's life. How's the knee now?
he still wears a brace for awhile longer,,hard to get down on it and stand up,,but it's coming along just slowly..thanks POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Hope he feels better soon Pop!
And good luck with the new property :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the cobra has sat untouched for awhile,,and so has the property next door,,my son's health has went down hill..he spent a couple of days in the hosp with breathing problems ,no get up N go,,,Friday the doc suspects a blockage,,so an operation is in the near future it appears..and I do not have any want to without him by my side,,nothing is important to me,right now...…...
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Sorry to hear this Pop. Will be in prayer for your son.
thanks for the update.
tom
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Prayers going up Pop.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

another thing POP has not said anything about is ,,,both of my eyes have have had a katerack removed this month,,,so that has been a small sit back also.....but both eyes are great,,never no problems ,,almost perfect vision,,,,night driving had gotton to be a chore,,but not anymore.....thanks...…….pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Glad you can see again. :shock: Adding Dwayne to prayers. Keep us posted on his progress.

Jim