65 Futura in East TN . . .

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users

Re: 65 Futura in East TN . . .

Postby popscomet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 pm

I bet he don't sit in the AC and watch OPRAY,,,like so many in this hot weather....with their wife !!!!!!! pop :roll: :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby bigdan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Jims65cyclone wrote:Busy, busy, busy!! What do you do in your spare time? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Jim

Idle hands and all that aside, I fish and hunt as much as possible. I can't stand wasting daylight! :mrgreen:

popscomet wrote:I bet he don't sit in the AC and watch OPRAY,,,like so many in this hot weather....with their wife !!!!!!! pop :roll: :lol: :lol:

Correct, Pop. I work my tail off so momma can stay cool inside. But I can count on NO fingers the times I've watched that show! :mrgreen:

Thanks for looking, fellas.

Dan
Currently diligently patiently trying to complete my 65 Futura long term project. . . . .

bigdan

Postby popscomet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:25 am

Correct, Pop. I work my tail off so momma can stay cool inside. But I can count on NO fingers the times I've watched that show! :mrgreen:

Dan[/quote]
MY friend..you and I are in the same shape....I'd rather watch grass grow,,,she may rich and famous(for what ever reason),but she don't flip POP's interest none what so ever....takeing care of momma and those kids is the main thing...tell you another thing ,,had guys at work that had inside dogs at home,,,soaking up the AC while they were at work sweatin and hot,,I used to make fun of them,,I would ask them ...who is the smartest..you or that butt lickin dog ?? he's soaking up AC and your here sweatin in the heat.... :wink: :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby popscomet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27 am

popscomet wrote:Correct, Pop. I work my tail off so momma can stay cool inside. But I can count on NO fingers the times I've watched that show! :mrgreen:

Dan

MY friend..you and I are in the same shape....I'd rather watch grass grow,,,she may rich and famous(for what ever reason),but she don't flip POP's interest none what so ever....takeing care of momma and those kids is the main thing...tell you another thing ,,had guys at work that had inside dogs at home,,,soaking up the AC while they were at work sweatin and hot,,I used to make fun of them,,I would ask them ...who is the smartest..you or that butt lickin dog ?? he's soaking up AC and your here sweatin in the heat.... :wink: :shock: :lol:[/quote]
this is the 2nd time or so that my entire post falled to get posted
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby bigdan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 am

Pop,

I do believe you and I will get along just fine!. I'd rather tinker outside with sweat running down my nose than be inside wasting the day away. I've put in some serious shop time after everyone else goes asleep also - I just try to keep it quiet for the neighbors. More later-

Dan
Currently diligently patiently trying to complete my 65 Futura long term project. . . . .

bigdan

Postby lavron » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:19 am

bigdan wrote: I'd rather tinker outside with sweat running down my nose than be inside wasting the day away.

Me too, I will take a break occasionally and come inside to cool down and try to drink water constantly, When it is really hot I try to not do anything too strenuous and keep a slower pace, or do any major welding I guess :roll:

Going to out right now and do some push mowing before my grass becomes hay, supposed to start raining tonight or tomorrow so I can work in the shed on the Comet when it is raining. At least the rain is supposed to usher in a cooler weather.

See Ya,
Mike
64 Comet 202 Sedan, My first car, I have owned it since 1979!
Restoration/Upgrade on a BUDGET - Working on; 250-6, T-5, 8.8 LSD, MII, Air Ride - Whatever I do it will be awesome!
lavron
Site Admin

Postby popscomet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 am

bigdan wrote:Pop,

I do believe you and I will get along just fine!. I'd rather tinker outside with sweat running down my nose than be inside wasting the day away. I've put in some serious shop time after everyone else goes asleep also - I just try to keep it quiet for the neighbors. More later-

Dan

but to a point you'll always be the same,,,but after the yrs start pileing up,you do start slowing down and will find it easier to NOT work as much...and yes,,we could get along just great !!...and the biggest reason being...you are a family man and POP is big on family!!……….
pop/glenda
popscomet

Previous

Return to All in the Family, Comet's Ford Sisters