‘64 Falcon Track Project

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
Rocket989

Re: 64 Falcon Project

Post by Rocket989 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Rocket989 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
what are you laughin about Rock? :lol: is it the fact that he has no excuse now that I gave him a detail explanation with pics & he wont have any excuses any longer & cant blame it on me? :lol:
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

Damn you two!!! :lol: :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

So far, no excuses or pictures EITHER!! :mrgreen:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:So far, no excuses or pictures EITHER!! :mrgreen:
AWOL, Dereliction of duty,& Insubordination !!! Fred put out an APB for him. he's probably under an old falcon or chasing poontang :lol:
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

poboyjo65 wrote:
SASSY wrote:So far, no excuses or pictures EITHER!! :mrgreen:
AWOL, Dereliction of duty,& Insubordination !!! Fred put out an APB for him. he's probably under an old falcon or chasing poontang :lol:
Now THAT is a word a person doesn't hear too often anymore :shock:
Takes me back to the slang of my youth! But your probably right,,, chasin!!!! :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc
Last edited by SASSY on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Making more progress so I need to post pics for sure.
I’ll post the next batch directly to the forum. And eventually fix the other pics.

comethead

Re: 64 Falcon Track Car

Post by comethead »

Some Falcon progress:
First thanks to Johnnie and Fred for the “help” (aka lighting a fire under my ass) in getting my pics back up and making a progress report. Old pictures are now edited and back!, :D
In recent months I made up and fitted the brake and fuel lines, used an original under dash harness and a couple small repop harnesses for the wiring system. It’s just starting, ignition and charging and gauges. And a tail light later.
Seat is hard mounted and the gauges are test intalled.
I’m setting up the mechanical clutch. Beefed up the z-bar, and I’m using rod end links. Also added an Opentracker inner z-bar bearing and a longer delrin outer bushing. Makes the z-bar a little less sloppy from side to side but still allows for engine movement.
I’ll be starting the engine soon and ordering a 8 point roll cage as well.

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

I decided on a few of the future details as well-
No carpet and no insulation. Bare metal floor painted a gun metal grey.
No wing windows, side or quarter glass and associated guts will be gone too.
For exhaust just 12” header extensions to get the gases pointed in the right direction. (My neighbors will love me).
:mrgreen:

Joe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's the way to do it,,JOE as far as stuck up aSSSSSSS neighbors...POP is almost 71 yrso and has never been invited to a back yard BBQ....I finaly come to the conclusion that the one finger they waved at me was their bowling average or their IQ...
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I always thought a cage was an early part of a race car build? How many race cars U built anyway? :mrgreen: :P

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Yeah! Pictures :lol:

Good to see progress.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

SASSY wrote:I always thought a cage was an early part of a race car build? How many race cars U built anyway? :mrgreen: :P
I’ll put a dang cage in when I WANT to put a dang cage in!!!! :lol:
Seriously, this is still “early” in the project. Most the interior stuff is coming out for the cage so...yeah

To date I have built exactly...0 (zero) race cars. To be clear this isn’t a “race” car. I won’t be competitively racing anything or anybody. Just a dedicated track day car :mrgreen:

Joe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JOE,POP got to thinking...if you EVER think you might do something else with the falcon later down the road,,do not gut the doors of windows and the hardware,,,,,yrs ago OL RUSTY was going to be a bonifide race car,,,we gutted everything....now after it is built...OL POP has changed his mind,,I do not want it on a race track,,,,I want to street drive it...thankfully we hung on to everthing,,but now we have to be out all the work to make it street legal,,,loading those doors back up with glass and hardware is tuffer work then guttin it. out...just food for thought.....and for weight savings,,,GO ON A DIET,,and leave that bud light at the dog pound,,start drinking busch light,,you;ll have a trim waist like POP's and better eye sight...ever notice when bud light starts to get warm it smells like a wet dog,,,that's cause it has dog pee in it....you know POP would never try to pull your leg////thanks and post a pic of that baby girl...thanks bud !!! POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP ain't trying to start nuttin honey...we always built the cage then the race car around it....but ain;t wantin to stir anything up....and it needs to be welded in not pop riveted :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda