‘64 Falcon Track Project

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
bigdan

Re: 64 Falcon Project

Post by bigdan »

Joe -

Just stumbled onto your build here and it looks great! I've been on TFFN for a long time, but haven't been on CC since I sold my 64 convertible a few years back. I'm finally almost finished my 65 Futura, and it's none to soon. My car is similar in to yours in several ways; cage, Kirkeys, etc, but differs a little. I went TKO instead of toploader, 4 link, etc. Ill be checking back in to follow along for sure. And sweet idea on the convertible rockers. Any more progress?

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Dan - What kinda tunnel work did you have to do to get the TKO to fit??
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Rocket989 wrote:Dan - What kinda tunnel work did you have to do to get the TKO to fit??

Rocket -

Not trying to hijack a sweet thread, but I think it would fit with the trans tunnel support removed and a little hammer work. I ended up replacing (hand made) the entire floor and built around the trans, so space wasn't an issue. If you find my build over on TFFN (TN hard top build, same name) around page 36 shows which way I went.

Dan

comethead

Post by comethead »

bigdan wrote:Joe -

Just stumbled onto your build here and it looks great! I've been on TFFN for a long time, but haven't been on CC since I sold my 64 convertible a few years back. I'm finally almost finished my 65 Futura, and it's none to soon. My car is similar in to yours in several ways; cage, Kirkeys, etc, but differs a little. I went TKO instead of toploader, 4 link, etc. Ill be checking back in to follow along for sure. And sweet idea on the convertible rockers. Any more progress?

Dan
Hey Dan! I've followed your thread on TFFN for a long time. You have a great car!
Lately I haven't visited as often because of time.

Thanks for checking in here. She's coming along. I'm trying to get the bottom painted so I can start throwing suspension parts at it. I'd like to set her down on the tires this summer so the drive train can go in!

Also, don't worry about hijacking around here. It's kind of a compliment when someone hangs out in my thread and BS's awhile :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

comethead

Post by comethead »

Hey Dan, the convertible rocker idea came from the Street of Track website when I was looking at subframe connectors and side exhaust.
I'll be running a side exhaust so the inner rockers should leave room for that.

Joe

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Joe -

I got frustrated with project space a few years back and finally gave in and decided to build myself a new shop. I was tripping over myself so stopped work on both paid/ fun projects and built a 36x48 out back. By the time I got finished and back on the 65, it seems TFFN is on its last year. So, I'll probably sneak around here a little if you guys don't care :mrgreen: . Your 64 is looking great. Keep it up.

Dan

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

bigdan wrote:By the time I got finished and back on the 65, it seems TFFN is on its last year. So, I'll probably sneak around here a little if you guys don't care
Dan I would hate to see your build thread go away there is a lot of good information there, I don't think anyone here would be offended if you moved it (or recreated it) over here.

Soon (relatively) I am going to be doing a triangulated 4 link in my Comet and your build is about the best there is out there for a guy doing it himself and buying a pre-engineered kit.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

I agree with Mike, Dan!
Start a thread here. The cars are darn near identical it would be a shame to lose all your work when TFFN shuts down.
Mike says we have at least a solid 99 years to go here on CC! :mrgreen:

Joe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DAN,has OL POP's vote to sign up,,some of us need all the help we can get,,,besides a brillent mind is not to be wasted.......so I'll be the 1st to welcome ya !!...a ford is a ford and I swear by one.... :D :wink: 8) :!:
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Mike/Pop/Joe -

Thanks for the invite ! I'm down to just the 65 now and blazing towards the finish. I may have to start a thread here; I know my thread on TFFN was all over the map as I changed directions numerous times. I appreciate the welcome, and thanks for the kind words.

Dan

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DAN,I don't know how it was where {forum} you have been.....but once you get a taste how it is here,,you'll be lookin for another comet...or you will at least be amazed how this place is ,when it comes to asking for help or advice...plus we just have fun....hi-jackin a thread to a point is what we do best,but in the end all questions are met with respect....but we do have a couple on here might get somewhat kinda sorta bent just a tad.......if they think the hi-jacking is takeing to long,,,but they are REAL OLD and don't have much hair..... :shock: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

BST'65

Post by BST'65 »

Joe,

This thing is going to be wicked! I really ought to explore on here a bit more, didn't even know you had a BUILD thread.

Keep it going man, we can race, first one to have a roller gets a case of beer! :mrgreen:

Ben

comethead

Post by comethead »

BST'65 wrote:Joe,

This thing is going to be wicked! I really ought to explore on here a bit more, didn't even know you had a BUILD thread.

Keep it going man, we can race, first one to have a roller gets a case of beer! :mrgreen:

Ben
Thanks Ben!
I'm pretty sure you'll be me to the finish line so come get your beer! :lol:
Progress- bottom and trunk are painted.
Solid bushed 4.5 leaf mid-eye springs are installed. Waiting on a few parts to get the rear end in!

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

Update on my Falcon project-
Belly and trunk are painted.
I’m installing front and rear suspension as much as I can. Thought I had all the parts I needed until I realized I didn’t! :x
Rear end housing and solid bushed leaf springs are in.
Getting front parts sorted and installed. Boss lower engine compt brace is fitted.
LCAs, UCAs and strut rods are in as well.
Also got the long wheel studs pressed in.
And the outside is still ugly! :|

Joe
Last edited by comethead on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Looking good.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.