65 Futura in East TN . . .

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
comethead

Re: 65 Futura in East TN . . .

Post by comethead »

Wow Dan that’s just beautiful !! 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

comethead wrote:Wow Dan that’s just beautiful !! 8)
I think so too! Thanks. Just little items left, time to drive the wheels off of it!

I've had a goal for my wheels for quite some time, so I've been searching the web non- stop and finally think I found what i'm looking for yesterday. We'll find out in a week or two. . . . .

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

[ think I found what i'm looking for yesterday. We'll find out in a week or two. . . . .

sounds like a whim dinger....( pop don't know z'actly what that is for sure,,just heard a old man say that about his red bone hound one night,so I took it as being good :shock: :wink: )......pop :lol: :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

popscomet wrote:[ think I found what i'm looking for yesterday. We'll find out in a week or two. . . . .

sounds like a whim dinger....( pop don't know z'actly what that is for sure,,just heard a old man say that about his red bone hound one night,so I took it as being good :shock: :wink: )......pop :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it'll be good also - but we'll have to see here in a few days. Several 14 and 16 hour days at work this week so nothing on the 65, but momma has claimed Saturday for her cruise. Now just to keep my foot out of it while she's riding along; she's not as much of a fan as the boys are LOL.

Dan

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

So since I got the 65 to this point - i.e. 99% drive the wheels off of it - work obligations have exploded. Massive breakdown at work have kept me busy as heck, working weekends, etc, so i'm glad I finished when I did! Still waiting on the final wheel stuff i found (coming from Ohio), still need to adjust my high idle and get my armrests on. Kiddo found my original rear view mirror and got that installed, though, so there's some progress at least. Slowly but surely . . .

Dan

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Quoting Pop, my "whim dingers" hit the mail today, finally, after being snowed in in Ohio. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Of course, I've worked almost non- stop the last 2 weeks, and when I've been off it's been pouring rain, so no falcon driving time in the last couple weeks! i'm hoping to get the old 65 out and about this weekend. Momma still hasn't had her ride!

Dan

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

bigdan wrote:So since I got the 65 to this point - i.e. 99% drive the wheels off of it
So did installing the rear view take you to 99.1%?

Bet it is hard not being able to get it out and enjoy.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

many many yrs ago,,I really spent the night under a stang I was building on a creeper,,GLENDA came out to shop to check on me and found me asleep under it,,,she just shut the door and left me,came by shop next morning to make sure I was going to work,,,,,,my darn neck and back ached for 3 days after that creeper ordeal..... :lol: pop
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Mike, I call it 99%, just because it's not done :mrgreen: . . . In all seriousness, all I have left is arm rests, the e-brake handle boot, windshield interior trim, my "whim dingers," and a little tweaking on the high idle setting. Its really close.

Pop, I've never fell asleep under a car, but when I was fabbing up my 4 link - in the shop - a pair of rabbits that lived in my back yard ran through the side door of the shop, under the car, right past me into my leg and out ther garage door..... Rabbits are nice, warm, fuzzy, and highly dangerous looking running up your leg under a car. When I saw them, I did what anyone would do - I sat up. Or tried to. Didn't work too well since the 65 kind of had me pinned, but that didn't stop me from trying - several times. None of my attempts worked, but I can tell you from experience that if rabbits run under a car with you, head butt the floor pan several times and they'll run away! :mrgreen:

Dan

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

bigdan wrote:a pair of rabbits that lived in my back yard ran through the side door of the shop, under the car, right past me into my leg and out ther garage door
My shed being open on the front and the back door nonexistent I have had rabbits shortcut through several times, never had one try to attack me however :roll: :P I do worry more about the slithery kind of visitors hiding under things, so far we have avoided each other :P they need to eat the rodents however because they do more damage than anything.
bigdan wrote:I call it 99%, just because it's not done
At least you are at a point you can put a percentage on it :P I can only guess but I am well below 50% I would guess and probably mine will never be totally "done".

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

lavron wrote:
bigdan wrote:a pair of rabbits that lived in my back yard ran through the side door of the shop, under the car, right past me into my leg and out ther garage door
My shed being open on the front and the back door nonexistent I have had rabbits shortcut through several times, never had one try to attack me however :roll: :P I do worry more about the slithery kind of visitors hiding under things, so far we have avoided each other :P they need to eat the rodents however because they do more damage than anything.
bigdan wrote:I call it 99%, just because it's not done
At least you are at a point you can put a percentage on it :P I can only guess but I am well below 50% I would guess and probably mine will never be totally "done".

See Ya,
Mike
I'll be honest - once it runs, drives, has brake lights and headlights, it's 99%! :mrgreen:

Dan

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I would have beat myself silly trying to get out from under that car if a rabbit ran up my leg....pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Here’s my garage wildlife story-
Walking out into the garage from the house with a beer in hand, I opened the door and was about to step in when I turned the lights on. I froze in mid step...I was only wearing socks cuz my dirty work boots were in the garage. What I almost stepped on was a slithering mass of something. It looked like it was breathing and pulsing. I froze until it’s head came out from the mass and looked at me. I think I elevated my body about 4 feet off the ground, slammed it into reverse and high tailed back into the house!! :lol:
Came back out with shoes on and a baseball bat to see what the hell it was. It unfurled itself and was walking around real leisurely. Couldn’t believe it- it looked like a 3 foot long mini dinosaur on 4 legs! :shock: Walking around like it owned the place! I googled it and found out it was a monitor lizard. Scared the holy moly out of me.
Turned out it was a neighbors beloved pet that had escaped. Good thing I didn’t blast it with my shotgun like I wanted to :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

well this story is funny....was sitting on couch putting socks and boots on,was in the den,had the glass slideing door open ,the screen slideing door was closed,,one of my huntin hound dogs came bustin thru screen door ,grabbed a sock and spun around and busted back thru the screen door,,,ran back to dog pen gate and sat down with sock in mouth,waiting on me to let him back in to eat,,was that a smart hound dog or just a funny thing???? :shock: (another thread shot to thunder...leave it to pop and joe} :wink: pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well, as long as the train is off the track anyway ..... Years ago, I was at a church picnic at a picnic shelter in a park, and went to throw my paper plate into a 55-gallon trash barrel with one of those swinging covers on top. I pushed the swinging door open, and all I saw was teeth, hair and eyeballs coming out at me. It was a cat that had been trapped in there for who knows how long, and when he saw daylight, he was gettin' outa there! He hit me in the chest, smashing my gooey plate all over my shirt, bounced off and hit the ground running. About scared the puddin' out of me! :roll: