65 Futura in East TN . . .

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
poboyjo65

Re: 65 Futura in East TN . . .

Post by poboyjo65 »

Better keep the woman happy what ever you do! :wink: best of luck to you finding a new job!Probably lots of stuff left to do on the car that doesn't take much money. At least you got room for more side jobs now in your new shop, maybe some of those will pop up.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JUST keep the faith !! it'll work out...good luck .....pop
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Thanks fellas. I did think ahead while I was building and kept buying parts as I found them, so best I can tell i have everything - and I mean everything - except the engine internals and clutch/ pressure plate - needed to finish the car. I have plenty to keep me busy right now, so that's good.

Update - First round of blocking with 150 grit is done on the body, doors and fenders. I should be able to shoot more high - build this weekend and get the hood, trunk lid and bumpers caught up, so we'll really be in decent shape then.

Just going to focus on finishing paint, then pulling wire, brakes, etc till I know for sure what's going to happen.

Thanks for looking -

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Slowly moving along . . . Finished the first round of blocking on the body (150 grit), doors and fenders. Shot another coat of epoxy ( i did break through in a few spots) then 2 more coats of high build. Ill go to 220 now then probably another high build coat then 220/400. I do still have some mud work left on the hood, bumpers and trunk lid, but at least these parts are behind me!

Dan

And yes, I am aware there's a Ch#vy hiding in there too. It's a family heirloom, lol, and not going anywhere, so no harassment! :mrgreen:

Last edited by bigdan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Hey dan that's a chebbie in your garage , lol just kidding hey falcon is looking good keep up the hard work and before you know it will be done..... :!:

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Lots of hours at work right now heading towards this impending layoff - I guess they want to get what they can, while they can . . . . But, I did have time to get the trailer wheels back on, Pop ! :mrgreen:

Dan

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

bigdan wrote:Lots of hours at work right now heading towards this impending layoff - I guess they want to get what they can, while they can . . . . But, I did have time to get the trailer wheels back on, Pop ! :mrgreen:

Dan
AND she's looking mighty spiffy......
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

popscomet wrote:
bigdan wrote:Lots of hours at work right now heading towards this impending layoff - I guess they want to get what they can, while they can . . . . But, I did have time to get the trailer wheels back on, Pop ! :mrgreen:

Dan
AND she's looking mighty spiffy......
Thanks, Pop. Hope to make serious progress this weekend. Speaking of "spiffy," look at Johno's sig pic! I might delete mine now! :mrgreen:

Dan

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I am going to hope they reverse direction and don't close up and you can keep your job and they give you a raise, then we can see that Falcon done sooner.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JOHN's pic is the most spiffy of all ...john does and has done some great work on his old comet,,,,I've seen it and heard it run in person,,it's a neat little street car,,,,,he and I pm each other almost daily and nightly,,,,kinda like pen pals...he's a good friend.......pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Dan & Pop! Dan Pop is being nice. he has seen it up close & he knows that my car looks a whole lot better in pics than it does in person, & this sig pic has been photoshopped & doctored up a lot by a friend . I wish it did look that good. :D
Leave your sig pic alone ,it looks great! Cant blame you for putting the other wheels back on to keep the purty ones clean !
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

boys,,,,like I've ALWAYS SAID.....IT'S IN THE WHLS...,it's in the whls..those whls will make anything look good....besides OL POP likes old worn looks...patina is my choice...john's comet has that look,,and that's why I like it so well ...not to mention that 347 under the hood.....heck fire !! I like my clothes better after they get faded and have that worn look (not holes in the knees),,my boots are better when they need polished,,,my ol red comet suits me to a T,,,it has boo-boos,,,but it will haul the mail if needed...ain't nuttin fancy about OL POP....my appearance and what all I drive proves that,,,they ain't ragged just not slick 8) :lol: :wink: :D
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Mike, I hope so too. There is some verbage in our contract that should protect us a bit, so we'll see.

Johno and Pop, I do love my big steelies. I'm just hoping my final "vision" looks like I want it to!

As for finishing the car, like I said before it may slow down the final engine work, but body work and paint should be done regardless, and I'll have the interior done, wired, etc. Everything is here except engine internals, so we'll see . . . Of course, that being said, the great fine state of TN felt it necessary to further compound things by awarding myself and my son back to back deer hunts in a very hard to get draw location, so that's a distraction of a different kind . . . . . Especially if I have extra time to hunt :wink:

Thanks for looking, guys.

Dan

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks. I've been wide open on the 65 every chance I get, and finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. The body, fenders, doors and trunk lid are ready for final blocking. They're sitting in 2 coats of high build now waiting 220 / 400. Just bumpers and the hood left, so maybe we'll get this thing in color before it gets cold after all. Job is still in jeopardy, so that's frustrating, but all this blocking serves to give me time to clear my head, which is good. Moving along, pics soon.

Dan

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

So, a little news to update you fellas.

First, there's a chance now that I won't be a layoff victim after all, due to extensive prior experience they didn't know about. Apparently they didn't read my resume? Its a 50/50 proposition, but maybe it'll work out.

Second, I've been attacking the 65 hard in anticipation of things slowing down in deer season, so today marked a big day - everything is complete as for preliminary body work and blocking. My method, whether 100% correct or not, and since I had filler down already, was to get everything slick enough I didn't cut through the epoxy blocking. Took a while, but now every panel has a nice slick coat of epoxy with multiple coats of high build. Already blocked everything with 200, so ill step to 400 next and see how it goes, and may even pick a final color this week. So - for now - That's all, folks :mrgreen:

Last edited by bigdan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.