65 Futura in East TN . . .

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
poboyjo65

Re: 65 Futura in East TN . . .

Post by poboyjo65 »

It looks good in flat black! :D
Johno

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

poboyjo65 wrote:It looks good in flat black! :D
My boys think so too! They're insisting we're done and should just put it together for good LOL. Not yet. . . .

Taking full advantage of a beautiful day, after dinner I went back out, knocked the pins and bushings out of my hinges, blasted them and got a few coats of paint on and drying. Tomorrow morning is our scheduled bi-weekly game camera checks, then hopefully we can get a door or fender hung. More to follow -

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

comethead

Post by comethead »

bigdan wrote:So I have a day off during the middle of the week, so time to keep going. Pulled the quarter glass out then picked up more epoxy to finish. Lots of stripping to do, but a beautiful sunny day to keep working on it! And, a pic of my "stripping area" :mrgreen: just because I like the pic. These cars look fast sitting still! And yes, the trailer wheels will be gone soon! :mrgreen: Thanks for looking.

Dan

Wow I agree! That's a great pic and nothing looks better than the roof line of a Falcon Comet hardtop!
Dan your progress is awesome! Keep on truckin amigo- looking good.

Joe
Last edited by comethead on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Thanks guys! I used to think it looked ok, till today. Now it's REALLY looking good, in my opinion. All epoxied, easy part is over. A little blocking left . . . .

Almost forgot, Pop/Johno - wheels are swapped. Not the final color, of course, but not trailer wheels either!

Thanks for looking -

Dan

Last edited by bigdan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

OH Yea! Now you're ______ in high cotton! :D Looks great! Really nice stance!! :wink: I like that bumper,dont get me wrong, it looks great, but I like the one you made better. it seemed to have a shape & lines that really suited the car with a unique look.
Johno

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

That Futura really does look great in flat black!!
Nice work!!
NP Dave

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Thanks guys. Johno, I somewhat agree on the other bumper, and still haven't made a final decision. My design was ridiculously heavy, and I couldn't really decide and bought the fiberglass set up on a whim. I really like both is the hard part. I may shoot it in epoxy also, then fit it up and compare now that we're all one color. All in all still happy to be this far. Thanks for looking -

Dan

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

bigdan wrote:Thanks guys. Johno, I somewhat agree on the other bumper, and still haven't made a final decision. My design was ridiculously heavy, and I couldn't really decide and bought the fiberglass set up on a whim. I really like both is the hard part. I may shoot it in epoxy also, then fit it up and compare now that we're all one color. All in all still happy to be this far. Thanks for looking -

Dan
Take it a step or 2 further , paint it when you paint the car, then you have both. :lol: :lol: see how I fixed that? :lol: :lol: that way you dont have to make that difficult decission. :lol: it could be the test piece when you paint. :lol:
Johno

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

poboyjo65 wrote:
bigdan wrote:Thanks guys. Johno, I somewhat agree on the other bumper, and still haven't made a final decision. My design was ridiculously heavy, and I couldn't really decide and bought the fiberglass set up on a whim. I really like both is the hard part. I may shoot it in epoxy also, then fit it up and compare now that we're all one color. All in all still happy to be this far. Thanks for looking -

Dan
Take it a step or 2 further , paint it when you paint the car, then you have both. :lol: :lol: see how I fixed that? :lol: :lol: that way you dont have to make that difficult decission. :lol: it could be the test piece when you paint. :lol:
I like it - options!

Dan

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Looks awesome man
tomb's 65

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Thanks again fellas. Johno, after much debate when I got home this evening I stripped my "Dan-bumper" in preps for epoxy. We'll get a coat on it and decide from there. Still moving forward -

Dan

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'm always costing you more work it seems! :lol: :lol: but you did put in a lot of work on that bumper, so it deserves a chance to at least be a part time part! :lol: :lol:
Johno

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

poboyjo65 wrote:I'm always costing you more work it seems! :lol: :lol: but you did put in a lot of work on that bumper, so it deserves a chance to at least be a part time part! :lol: :lol:
If it makes you feel any better my oldest son was pushing me that way already :mrgreen:

Dan

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

So, at Johno's request, I stripped the rustoleum off of my bumper I built a few years back and shot it in epoxy. And now I'm in a fix. Compare the fiberglass Shelby - style bumper/valance a few pics back to my design in these pics and weigh in with your own $0.02 - please. I like both, but not 100% yet . . .

Pros and cons - fiberglass is lighter, my bumper is heavy. The fiberglass is aggressive to me in a mustang kind of look, while I think mine compliments the Falcon lines a little better. I won't meet another car with a bumper like mine, which is either good or a sign of something else . . :mrgreen:

Thanks for looking -

Dan

Last edited by bigdan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

bigdan wrote: The fiberglass is aggressive to me in a mustang kind of look, while I think mine compliments the Falcon lines a little better. I won't meet another car with a bumper like mine
:lol: yep! :lol: you may have to paint them both!! :lol: :lol: Give your son a high five for me! :lol: :lol:
Johno