Cutting the T5 loose

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
Matty

Cutting the T5 loose

Post by Matty »

Rebuilt the T5 this week. Got it in and wanted to share a video. Man its nice being able to slide through the gears with no grinding.
https://youtu.be/YIqw4Tg5vUQ

1962 Mercury Comet S22 302 5.0 T5 Custom: tfs 1 cam & springs, 8.8 31 spline lsd 373 rear, 5 lug disc conversion front and rear, new V8 steering components, Gt40 heads, Performer RPM intake, phenolic spacer, Brawler 650

popscomet

Re: Cutting the T5 loose

Post by popscomet »

That's so cool and it made me remember,,my son is 48 yrso,but back when he was 16 I started him out at the dragstrip in a 67 289 4spd fastback 'stang..he would take a batt operated tape recorder and place it in the pass seat,just before he turned the stage lite on he reached over and hit the RECORD button and the make his pass and back at the pits he would listen to his shift points and so forth...you'd be surprised at what you can learn from that......but like I said ...that was cool to watch ,,thanks for sharing...and good luck...bet a lot of your buddies would be tickled pink to have a ride like you have :wink: :lol: 8) pop
pop/glenda

Matty

Post by Matty »

Thanks Pop. That is funny that your son was that ate up with it.
My friends and family are tickled pink, but not as much as I am. I am very grateful that my father passed the car down to me. I have had so much fun building it with him, but now we get enjoy that great sound.

1962 Mercury Comet S22 302 5.0 T5 Custom: tfs 1 cam & springs, 8.8 31 spline lsd 373 rear, 5 lug disc conversion front and rear, new V8 steering components, Gt40 heads, Performer RPM intake, phenolic spacer, Brawler 650

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Matty wrote:Thanks Pop. That is funny that your son was that ate up with it.
My friends and family are tickled pink, but not as much as I am. I am very grateful that my father passed the car down to me. I have had so much fun building it with him, but now we get enjoy that great sound.
NOTHING funny about it my young friend,,I started him off being around that kinda stuff almost from the time he was born,,I was 19yrso when he was born,,,he was in my arms watching street racing at 2am many times.His mother would get so pissed at me for getting him out of bed to go with me.HE was driving my 1947 willys jeep by hisself at 5yrso,,I had to take the drivers door off so he hang his head out and watch the left front tire,,,but we were in the woods so it didn't matter,,wasn't nothing but dirt roads and trees,,,,,today he and his son are 2 super good dirt track drivers.......thanks I could go on for hrs about what he and I and now his son have done and still do with a car......have said this many times....what you do with a child when they are 2ft tall shows up later in life when they are 6ft tall,,,I am a big beliver in that saying.......pop
pop/glenda

-Rudy-

Post by -Rudy- »

Pop, my son loves cars and he's about the age you started your's at. I haven't taken him to the street races since things have heated up quite a bit here and I myself was arrested a few years back since they started cracking down on even the spectators. He spent part of Sunday afternoon standing on the driver's seat of the 63 turning the wheel left and right and yelling out the window at me. :lol:

To the OP, you posted that picture of your comet outside the gas station on the facebook group or is that a different one? It sounds awesome.
1963 Mercury Comet Custom 2-Door Sedan
170/2-Speed Auto

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the funny part of this whole thing is ,,,,,I bought that 67 fast back for my son when he was 10 yrso,,,built it and gave it to him,,,and at 48 he still owns that mustang........ 8) :shock: pop
pop/glenda