Coyote Motor swap in a '67

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
Fast_Daytona

Coyote Motor swap in a '67

Post by Fast_Daytona »

Hi all, I'm wondering if any of you guys have any speculation on the fitment of a Coyote and the matching factory 6 speed manual in a '67.
I know I will have to notch the shock towers because the distance between them is 29" -exactly the same as the motor. but what about the oil pan and the transmission? Thoughts? anyone know someone who's done this?
Thanks!
David I
| '67 Comet Voyager, '65 Mustang Coupe, FFR Type 65 (shelby Daytona rep.) |

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Coyote Motor swap in a '67

Post by lavron »

I have seen some coyote swaps where they used a Mustang 2 crossmember so they could eliminate the towers, of course they had to notch the cross member for the oil pan.

Certainly you can find where folks did the conversion in a Fairlane if you can't find anything on a Comet, I do know for sure it won't be that easy but it is possible.

Guess I am not much help I am more into the skinnier motors :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Here is a bit of a guide on Coyote swaps, however, its more like what won't work, rather than what will. They say it'll cost well over $10 000, which is totally not worth it in my opinion. You could build a pretty nice "Old-style" V8 for that much money.

Unfortunate for Ford fans that the new motors are not as easy to hot rod as the GM LS engines.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

StPro

Post by StPro »

I was considering pulling the 4.6 DOHC motor out of my Mark VIII removing the Vortech Supercharger and adding twin 61 MM turbos and installing it in my 65. After all the measuring was done the only way it was going to fit was with a tube chassis. However motor in stock trim it can be made to fit there just isn't any room left when you are done. Fixing any thing means removing something else.
The motors are huge. it is a lot like installing a Boss 9 or 427 SOHC . A tennis ball wi
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT