rear sump oil pan

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
loman

rear sump oil pan

Post by loman »

Did Ford make any vehicles with small blocks that had rear sump oil pans?

poboyjo65

Re: rear sump oil pan

Post by poboyjo65 »

I think most all of the 5.0s stangs are rear sump. kinda had a smaller hump in the front too with a notch in the center for the rack, but sump in back. also I think some of the broncos had about the same pan. Do you need one?
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

It is for a project my dad is working on. He is doing everything on the cheap. If it doesn't work out, he won't be out of nothing. This past summer we went to an auction and he ended up dragging home a 79 fiat spider for about $75. He was thinking about putting a 302 in it but the front sump won't work. Just trying to find out what to look for in the junkyards.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Yah - all the V8 Fox 'Stangs and like John, I think some trucks. Shucks, I've got at least one Fox pan you can have. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rocket989 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

here is what the stang one looks like
http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing- ... aQodvD8HuA
& here is a later bronco one that is shaped a bit different & cheap too !
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Oil-Pan- ... md&vxp=mtr

I think the earlier broncos look mose like the stang one with a little hump in front. long ass pick up on them!
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I still have the pan and oil pickup and front timing cover from my new 5.0 crate motor built in 97'. Don't remember if the pan is double hump or single but it was a rear sump. It also came with a 11" flywheel which I also still have. I think it was for a truck. Don't remember if it had a dampener or not, if it did it would be a late model with timing on the pass side. No dipstick as that was in the drivers side of the block which I plugged. I swapped everything from the old engine onto it to make it like the original setup. I guess I should dig that stuff out, maybe someone would be interested it them.
Ron

loman

Post by loman »

That bronco pan might be the ticket. I'll let him know and he can go check out the junkyards. Thank you for the info.

ants875

Post by ants875 »

I hope for 75 it had a full tank of fresh fuel!!! My father worked at a dealer that sold fiats in the 70s all he did was rebuild the tranys since they were such hunk of crap. Said you had to pull the interior out to pull the trans since they came out the top! Awesome engineering! And I say this as an Italian, his joke was fiat stood for Final Italian Attempt at Transportation!

Of course when your dad is done non of that will matter anyway.

I hope you realize I'm kidding around here

Ant

loman

Post by loman »

Ant,

It's all good. Heck, there are several of us that tease him all the time about being born in a hatchery. Because he is cheap cheap cheap! We do our share of joking around and having fun. The whole idea of the project is if this works out it will be kinda cool. If it doesn't work out, load it on a trailer and take it to scrapyard and get most or all of money back out of it.