Ratical Assembly

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
tweaked

Re: Ratical Assembly

Post by tweaked »

Thanks for the pic and I ran into ujoint issues as I had driveshafts mixed up and numerous rearend options. My friends own a parts store so I went thru the catologue till I found what I needed.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

mine should be stock part numbers. but online and all part stores comuters list that tiny u joint with 1 inch caps. I had to look up mustang to get the correct front. and the rear i thought was "1 inch x 1.125" caps. turns out its "1.063 x 1.125" caps they both were listed as 65 mustang rear joints.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

no all the brackets are not on. but this is the genral location of the alt. im moving to the LH side to put the ac compressor on the lower right. it still appears its going to be a challenge.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Well--hows that highly detailed project going? Is it up and running yet? "bout time for more PICS......POP
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Glad you asked POP. the AC mounting has been a bear. and to build a bracket you gotta build the one before it to hold things in place to mesure the next. bascily i was over complicating it. any way tonite i did finish it all up. and ran it with belts on. so now i can install the radiator and run it with coolant. also need to tear down the rear and measure axles and get an order placed. but its getting closer.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Well ,those AC hoses won't be on top of motor in the way,now.They always took away from nice looking eng. bay..JMO..LOOKING GOOD! POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Well, is rad in,,coolent..is it sittin there runnin??.... pop
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

not yet.. as excyited as i am. trying to remain paticent. probaly need to route the wiring harness under hood, ohh yea and get them axles out and measured. also still studying on my heater hoses. i wanna run them over to the RH inner fender to bulkhead connectors. then maybe copper pipe to the firewall and bulkhead thru the firewall, something simallar with the AC lines. but since i have no underdash unit.. may just wait. I still have all the dash striped (wiring gauges switches) so theres soo much to do. just trying to organize it in a fashion so the ordered parts are on there way while im workin.. but thanks for asking..

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Sounds like a plan,,,and a mighty good one,,,just don't burn yourself out,on work...been there ..your work is great..BOOTY-FUL...POP..
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Well no engine progress but the axles are out and a page full of measurments sent to moser. So maybe everthing will fall in place now. Gotta start the wiring mostly neatning it up and thining it out. Put the dash back together. And hang the front clip back on. Finish up the fuel lines. Sheww not as close as I thought.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YOU may not be as close as ya thought..BUT..you ain't as far away as you once was....don't that sound better? hang in there,RATICAL,I'm on your side.......POP
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

No inspiring pics. But did some work on my H-pipe, it was hanging low, I cut 2 inches out of it. Cut my old tailpipes and took them out to be expanded to slip over the H-pipe outlets. Drilled my tank and installed a fuel return (for the future efi) sealed the sending unit and reinstalled it. Finished up the rear portion of the fuel lines. Maybe soon I can feed it from the tank again instead of a jug in the floor.. and maybe even start it with a key from the seat..

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

well maybe i can make up for lack of posting. its been hectic. rear end done. youkon street limited slip, motive 3.55 gears. e brake cabes done. exhaust, wiring hidden and done. radiator in, still on stands and lacking front clip. also tight fit for a fan, and probaly gonna be buying a distributor (machine shop didnt set the gear at proper depth. so some pics

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Ratical,,,you've been busy,and every thing looks so neat..but 1 thing,,jmo..those plug wires sticking up out of dist.cap...pop
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

ohh yea pop, they gotta go. getting 90 degree boots and black wires. those actualy made the old motor look good. i feel they take away from this one. thanks