FE in a '64 Comet w/Mustang II front. Anyone do it?

390 & up cid Monster Motors
fairlaniac

FE in a '64 Comet w/Mustang II front. Anyone do it?

Post by fairlaniac »

That is my plan. I have a lead on just the crossmember kit (weld in parts). Curious what mounts anyone used or fabbed.

Thanks!
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

popscomet

Re: FE in a '64 Comet w/Mustang II front. Anyone do it?

Post by popscomet »

WHEN ROY,reads this,I'd bet money he'll chim in,there's a few more in the know,but ROY for sure,,,he'll tell you the good the bad and the ugly..where ya at ROY.?? help this man !! :) :lol: POP
pop/glenda

Red Lehr

Post by Red Lehr »

I'm anxious to see how this works out for you Doug, I'm in the hunt for a 64 Caliente myself. I want to put my spare 390 I have in the car.
Red
1964 Comet Caliente/1964 Galaxie 500

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

Red Lehr wrote:I'm anxious to see how this works out for you Doug, I'm in the hunt for a 64 Caliente myself. I want to put my spare 390 I have in the car.
Red
Red, We'll se how it goes. I just bought a back half kit for the project. The rear frame rails and trunk are rusty anyway plus I want to go a little nuts with this if I can :-)

Guaranteed it will not be ready for the FE Race & Reunion next year. Unless I win the lottery. Ok, dream over, back to work :-)
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

trojan

Post by trojan »

Have fun and good resources,,Swaped to a fe in my 66 comet and it takes work,,, its a tight fit,

64cyklone

Post by 64cyklone »

Doug, I am a new member today, but was reading your post. I put a Rod & Custom Mustang II under my Cyclone, and using my stroked 428cj (462ci), I used the frame and insulator mounts from a '67-70 Mustang, with the frame posts with the Mustang II kit. Fits perfect. I have the Crites Ram Air Hood, with the Crites A/FX intake kit (hoses, housing, headlight intakes), and no problems. Bill (64cyklone)

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

64cyklone wrote:Doug, I am a new member today, but was reading your post. I put a Rod & Custom Mustang II under my Cyclone, and using my stroked 428cj (462ci), I used the frame and insulator mounts from a '67-70 Mustang, with the frame posts with the Mustang II kit. Fits perfect. I have the Crites Ram Air Hood, with the Crites A/FX intake kit (hoses, housing, headlight intakes), and no problems. Bill (64cyklone)
Thanks Bill, still not sure which direction I'll go? Other things to deal with right now.
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

64cyklone wrote:Doug, I am a new member today, but was reading your post. I put a Rod & Custom Mustang II under my Cyclone, and using my stroked 428cj (462ci), I used the frame and insulator mounts from a '67-70 Mustang, with the frame posts with the Mustang II kit. Fits perfect. I have the Crites Ram Air Hood, with the Crites A/FX intake kit (hoses, housing, headlight intakes), and no problems. Bill (64cyklone)
Bill - Do you have any pictures of your FE w/Mustang II suspension?

Thanks,
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Fairlaniac, Have you checked out Speedway in Lincoln Nebr? They have an incredible inventory of everything under the sun. Lots of Mustang II front stuff. Anything you need, and they are a pleasure to deal with. I used a real Pinto front end in my 60 Falcon but they had a lot of stuff I needed and good prices too. Their ph.800-979-0122

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

Tbart wrote:Fairlaniac, Have you checked out Speedway in Lincoln Nebr? They have an incredible inventory of everything under the sun. Lots of Mustang II front stuff. Anything you need, and they are a pleasure to deal with. I used a real Pinto front end in my 60 Falcon but they had a lot of stuff I needed and good prices too. Their ph.800-979-0122
Yep - know of Speedway from when we raced dirt cars. Ironically I bought another '64 Comet project with a Heidt's Mustang II crossmember already installed. So that is the route I'm going. Found a nice Canton oil pan to work with.

thanks,
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd