Crites kit on Ebay!!

390 & up cid Monster Motors
70snake

Crites kit on Ebay!!

Post by 70snake »

For anyone who may be contemplating a big block swap, or A/FX car, there is a unused Crites shock tower kit on Ebay right now. #230112107410. Bidding was only at 50.00, :lol: last time I checked. It's 365.00 from Crites (w/front springs-- this kit is spring delete). Thanks, Snake.
62 Econoline pickup (428 mid engine)
65 Comet A/FX clone
06 Mustang GT(that thinks its a '69 mach)
and a collection of FE "junk"

bigmikes64comet

Post by bigmikes64comet »

Just checked, its up to 300.00 right now with 45.00 shipping.

Mike
why can't we all just get along?

thunderkiss65

This member has claimed it! Going in my '65.

Post by thunderkiss65 »

This member has claimed it! Going in my '65.

The seller's kit arrived with 289 springs & he decided to keep them...so have Crites double check to make sure you get big block springs when you guys order them. I will probably have to mess with a couple of sets to get the correct ride height anyway. "AFX Style"

It hasn't arrived yet...can't wait!

70snake

Crites kit

Post by 70snake »

Nice score Thunderkiss, The quality of the kit is good, the directions are pretty vague, but it's pretty straightforward. Measure twice cut once 8) Need any pics, let me know, or check the photo gallery i've got more coming. Snake.
65 Comet A/FX clone

thunderkiss65

Post by thunderkiss65 »

More pics would be helpful...thanks. I feels good to finally move forward on this car. I have the block, and have located a 4.25 crank and rods. The original Ford high riser heads and intake have me on wild goose chases....as I expected.

70snake

Hi riser parts

Post by 70snake »

I know what your talking about; trying to find an uncracked set of hi riser heads might be a project, :shock: they were VERY prone to cracks. the intakes I do see from time to time, are you going with duals or the oddball single four? I considered going that route with my Comet, but at the time I had 2 428's and a 410 laying around and my common sense(cheap) got the better of me, so I'll be running a 428CJ at least for the first motor. hope you find what your looking for. Snake.
65 Comet A/FX clone

thunderkiss65

Post by thunderkiss65 »

I gotta go with the dual 4's! :twisted:

Although, single four intakes seem to be "reasonably" priced right now. I have really considered it...

grease junkie

Re: Crites kit on Ebay!!

Post by grease junkie »

OK once again i get to ask some thing you all on here probably already know im assuming a crites kit replaces or relocates the shock towers>? dose it improve handling, lower the stance or just create more room in the go box .and iv googled the term crites kit and i can find forums but no actual site or pics thanks once again for your info

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Crites Restorations.com ,their kit basically gives you room for a FE by flattening the towers,adding a crossmember with engine frame mounts,and heavier springs. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

grease junkie

Post by grease junkie »

thanks roy i did acedently find it looks good seems it will work for the 302 to and the import braces look good wish i could just get a tape mesure on the braces since im a welder pipe fitter and could fab the might have a go at fabing the lower might even tackel the import braces thank for all the advice and information for sure

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

grease junkie;yes,it will work for a small block,I used the notching templates to open up my engine bay,made everything else myself and welded it together,should be easy for you with your training!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

I'm getting ready to order a Crites kit, frame mounts, and spring swivels. I just bought a 63 with a 390 in it already, but not in there right. Anything I should know before I ordr it? Any reason not to order it?? Thanks!