Leveling my 60

The Round Body, Finned Comets
Sawyer0162

Leveling my 60

Post by Sawyer0162 »

I have an all original 60 comet with 33K. It is awesome in my book and my intent is not to change anything.... EXCEPT 1 thing that bugs me. The front end sits higher than the rear. One guy said cut the front springs (really don't want to do that). Another said the rear shackles on the rear of the leaf springs could be swapped with those from a 64 mustang,and it would raise the rear an inch with no change in appearance. Any one have thoughts on this. Thank You.... Tom

poboyjo65

Re: Leveling my 60

Post by poboyjo65 »

It's up to you, whether you want to raise the rear or lower the front, or a little of both (but twice the work). if you want one end to remain as it looks now then move the other. you could have your rear leak springs rearched if you want the rear to come up or get new ones, they usually sit a lot higher . if it is only a slight amount too high in the front the shelby drop with get your front 5/8''or so lower & improve driving & handling. then the snowballing starts, like while I've got it apart might as well upgrade to all 65 steering parts, & so on... :roll:
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Put a set of air shocks on the rear and set it at any height you like. :D
Jim

Sawyer0162

Post by Sawyer0162 »

Thanks guys.... I put a set of Monroe coil over shocks, 86 bucks for the pair and it made it much better. Check it out.Image

Ojohnny

Post by Ojohnny »

That's a nice looking car ya got there! Stance looks good.