Door panels

The Round Body, Finned Comets
351 Pinto

Door panels

Post by 351 Pinto »

What are my options for door panels? I have a 63 Custom 2 door. Some previous owner customized the interior. I hate it. Do I have to use Falcon panels? That is all I have found so far. I have no problem with the Falcon panels, but would prefer Comet panels if available and not terribly expensive. I think Mac's has the Falcon panels for around $250 (door panels and rear side panels).

junkmurray

Re: Door panels

Post by junkmurray »

When I replaced mine a few years back the only choice for OEM was SMS Auto Interiors. But expect $$$$ and long delay. I think there are a few companies that do plastic 63 Comet door panel replacements but they aren't "technically" correct. That said, if you're not going concours then maybe Falcon would be fine.

And if you're replacing the panels...check to see if you still have the potmetal door panel trim that was on the original. Don't think the upper is produced so if in good condition worth a pretty penny if you want to sell on ebay. Lowers are reproduced (stainless...originals rust out).

Tim
63 S22 Hardtop

prattlj

Post by prattlj »

I'm pretty happy with door & rear panels I got from this guy for my '62 S-22 Comet. He's on eBay selling Falcon panels. He's able to 'emboss' or, whatever it's called, the "Comet" lettering/logo in place of Falcon or Ranchero. He was also able to hook me up with an odd color combo not shown on his ad. These may not be technically original, but the price and quality can't be beat - very sturdy material and vacuum mounted so it isn't going to get all droopy and wavy like the original panels do. The guy's very knowledgable and helpful - based in a small town in Nebraska. He had my order fulfilled in a week. To my knowledge Falcon & Comet door are identical. Four vs two door is important - different front door dimensions.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/nstlrt?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Les Pratt
62 Comet S-22
Lynchburg, VA

prattlj

Post by prattlj »

I'm pretty happy with door & rear panels I got from this guy for my '62 S-22 Comet. He's on eBay selling Falcon panels. He's able to 'emboss' or, whatever it's called, the "Comet" lettering/logo in place of Falcon or Ranchero. He was also able to hook me up with an odd color combo not shown on his ad. These may not be technically original, but the price and quality can't be beat - very sturdy material and vacuum mounted so it isn't going to get all droopy and wavy like the original panels do. The guy's very knowledgable and helpful - based in a small town in Nebraska. He had my order fulfilled in a week.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/nstlrt?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Les Pratt
62 Comet S-22
Lynchburg, VA