63 carpet kits?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
cypher

63 carpet kits?

Post by cypher »

I'm looking for a carpet kit for my 63 s-22. Any suggestions? I bought one from stockinteriors.com and seem to be a bad kid. Did not sit right over the tunnel and the rear area was not right either.

comethead

Re: 63 carpet kits?

Post by comethead »

Believe it or not but I ordered a kit from Rock Auto. The price was much better than the specialty vendors and it turned out to be a very nice TMI kit.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

I know, old thread.....but I'm thinking about putting carpet in my 63, question is, how moldable is the carpet? My floor isn't stock, I made the patch panels and they aren't like stock, plus added subframe connectors. Will I be able to use a replacement carpet kit you think?

prattlj

Post by prattlj »

If you're looking for a gold color carpet, I have a new one still in the box I bought from Mac's about 2 years ago - made by Auto Custom Carpets. I changed my mind on my 62 Comet S-22 paint color so will have to buy myself another aqua blue carpet kit. I also decided to go with adhesive metallic floor barrier instead of the big underlayment kit I also bought from Mac's. If interested, holler and I'll send it your way for half of whatever it's selling for. I'm not sure about how moldable/flexible it is - haven't even tried fitting it in.

Les
Les Pratt
62 Comet S-22
Lynchburg, VA

Misha604

Post by Misha604 »

Yes I'm also interested in any suggestions/info. Have a 63 four door auto and currently trying to find a decent fitting carpet.

Found this guys little write up, I believe his is by ACC and got it through stockinteriors, seems to fit pretty well.
http://www.dplivingston.com/1962-mercur ... oor-carpet

Misha

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Misha604 wrote:Yes I'm also interested in any suggestions/info. Have a 63 four door auto and currently trying to find a decent fitting carpet.

Found this guys little write up, I believe his is by ACC and got it through stockinteriors, seems to fit pretty well.
http://www.dplivingston.com/1962-mercur ... oor-carpet

Misha

That's was a nice write up on that guys install. His turned out a lot better than mine. I went ahead and bought a kit from rock auto which is an ACC kit. I got the one with sound deadener built in, which is the whole reason for me messing with carpet in the first place, for sound deadening. I made my own floor patch panels and they weren't stock looking or fitting at all. The carpet kit comes big so you have to trim the sides and up the firewall. After doing all that, mine doesn't fit great over the tunnel, I'm sure partially due to my floors, and partially due to me not knowing what I was doing. I may be able to unbolt the seats and realign things and make it fit a little better. I might try that down the road. I'll give it some time to heat up some and maybe conform a little better. With the sound deadener on it, it's pretty stiff I thought, then again never done it before, maybe that's how they all are. I don't have a back seat at all, so it stops where the seat should be. There are some pics in my "showing off" thread "my 63 project".