Parts source

The Round Body, Finned Comets
Flip

Parts source

Post by Flip »

Does anyone know of good sources for parts? I have spent a lot of time at some sites, scrolling through numerous pages, to no avail....

poboyjo65

Re: Parts source

Post by poboyjo65 »

If you are more specific we can point you better. somethings that are shared with the mustang are cheaper from a mustang part vender. & certain thing are better or cheaper & these guys are on top of anything about a comet. You might consider starting a build thread & document your build. it will make it more rewarding & easier to keep track of your questions & the answers ,& if you add in lots of pics it is easy to scroll thru & find stuff by looking at the pics.
Johno

-Rudy-

Post by -Rudy- »

I got a catalog from MACs, but there's a lot of stuff they don't have.

Scrounging around eBay and some junkyard websites to see what i can find personally.
1963 Mercury Comet Custom 2-Door Sedan
170/2-Speed Auto

comethead

Post by comethead »

1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DAD BURN IT,I clicked on this and the 1st thing that hit me between the eyes was a picture of a chevy,,,,so who do you think they cater to?????? started off on the wrong foot for OL POP !! but good luck just the same.....ol pop
pop/glenda

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

they cater to all....i have the blackberry bush scratches to prove it......lol......lots of 4 doors one wagon......and a few 2drs....that what you saw was an actuall impala cut in half.....

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

captian_napalm wrote:they cater to all....i have the blackberry bush scratches to prove it......lol......lots of 4 doors one wagon......and a few 2drs....that what you saw was an actuall impala cut in half.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) COOL,,I LIKE THE FACT THEY CUT THE CHEVY IN HALF.....NOW THEY HAVE 2 DOG HOUSES !! :wink: :lol: POP has had many of those scratches you have,,,,,yrs ago that was a big part of my PASS TIME....if you go often to the same yard,you'll member where stuff is and can go back to it...of course my main focus was on a ford,,,,,, 8) :D :D :D good luck in your hunts,,that's half the fun
pop/glenda

chrysalis61

Post by chrysalis61 »

Selling and needing to consider parting out my 1961. Has cowl damage. I bought all but 2 brand new running components to get it on the road, but stopped when I couldn't put the boot on the back of the master cylinder due to cowl damage. Let me know if you want to see pictures. Clean title. Engine is good and turns. We got it fired up before over heating the generator. Have the brand new alternator and conversion bracket waiting to be installed already. Biggest loss in cash is my purchase of 4 brand new chrome rim and tires that I can't let go for less than $500 alone. They are 14 inch not the original stock 13s. Original stock goes with the whole car. Have 2 Subaru's in the shop that I need to pay for. The body work is too much for my abilities to work on.

Loner

Post by Loner »

chrysalis61 wrote:Selling and needing to consider parting out my 1961. Has cowl damage. I bought all but 2 brand new running components to get it on the road, but stopped when I couldn't put the boot on the back of the master cylinder due to cowl damage. Let me know if you want to see pictures. Clean title. Engine is good and turns. We got it fired up before over heating the generator. Have the brand new alternator and conversion bracket waiting to be installed already. Biggest loss in cash is my purchase of 4 brand new chrome rim and tires that I can't let go for less than $500 alone. They are 14 inch not the original stock 13s. Original stock goes with the whole car. Have 2 Subaru's in the shop that I need to pay for. The body work is too much for my abilities to work on.
Might get more action if you post your location.

Matt

chrysalis61

Post by chrysalis61 »

Wooops, I'm in Spangle, Washington. 20 minutes South of Spokane off the 195.