Update on 61

The Round Body, Finned Comets
61comet

Update on 61

Post by 61comet »

Well, things are moving along. The rear end is at the shop right now getting narrowed. I have ended up using an 8.8" out of a 95 Explorer (disc brakes, 3.73 limited slip). He is also making me the correct hangers for the leaf springs. The front mounts have been welded in, that went smoothly. But Crites doesn't know crap about 61 Comets. First, they sent me frame bushings that were way too big (I assume they were for a 65/66). They fixed that problem, but I had to wait over two weeks for that to be taken care of. The hangers they sent are incorrect as well. They move the rear of the springs in almost 3/4" too far. They said that they make one size, and it fits everything. So now I am stuck paying someone else to make me the correct ones!! DO NOT BUY FROM CRITES!!! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS!!! I sold the motor and trans out of the car, so that motivated me to get them pulled. Just pulled the wiring harness the other day too. Supposedly someone out here wants to buy it too, but, I have not seen the money yet! Got the steering column from the Grand Marquis set in the car...just to see how it will work. Biggest problem now is trying to come up with the money to buy the front end parts I need....