Where can I find parts for my 63 Comet?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
DirtyHarry44cal

Where can I find parts for my 63 Comet?

Post by DirtyHarry44cal »

My baby needs love, Taken to calling her Scarlett. I need weather striping, carpet, door panels and more. ANYONE know a good place online or in California that has quality stuff for reasonable prices?

poboyjo65

Re: Where can I find parts for my 63 Comet?

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lots of places, each part may be better from one place or another. the best weather striping is from Dennis Carpenter.
Jake from falcon interiors is in Seattle I believe.
Go to the Lounge , introduce yourself section , give us a little run down on Scarlett ,How you met her,& your plans. you'll get all the help you'll need or get pointed in the right direction. I'll tell you up front, we'd like to put our eyeballs on her & we'll show you how if you need it, you'll need a pic host. Mine is named Serafina :)
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SEREFINA,,yrs ago just after we got married,those was an old woman that pushed a grocery cart {reckon she was the 1st bag lady or homeless type person we 'd ever came across } heck ,OL POP was just 18,she was 17}}...we would save our bottles and she would come by the duplex we lived in pushing her cart and I would give them to her,,maybe some loose pocket change ,,,yrs and yrs later,,I found out she lived on the river in a shack and when she died she was worth mega dollars,,she was filthy rich.....and her name was SEREFINA or something close to it......I had all but forgotten that old woman,,,,,,,OH, just recalled..I would oil the whls on the grocery cart ever so often,,,which tickled the fire out of my momma and grd-ma that I did that for that old woman.............AND WELCOME DIRTYHARRY44CAL,THIS IS THE BEST PLACE YOU'LL EVER COME ACROSS FOR INFO ON YOUR COMET thanks POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop, Serafina is a girl I met who is the friendliest most outspoken gal you ever saw, She's a good friend of mine's gal ,,works 2 jobs to be able to run home to be with her kids & grandkids regularly, at Taco Bell & a steakhouse too. She is an Italian from Chicago with lots of love on her chest, she loves it here in Tennessee, & she saw my coke machine, & since she collects coca cola stuff she wanted it. begged me for it, to buy it,for me to give it to her, leave it in my will to her, anything.kept handing me a sharpie & trying to get me to write on the inside of it to leave it to her. so everytime I saw her it was an on going joke/topic. I kept telling her that it was from a late friends auto parts & machine shop & a gift to me for helping his daddy in law install a water heater & some other work. then when I got the car she loved it, & when she saw that it said caliente on it she told me that meant ''hot'' like her! So now she wants both & never misses a chance to tell me. she also wanted me to paint it red. I told her my mother's favorite color was blue but I'll name it after you! we sealed the deal by I have promised to put little red peppers next to the caliente emblems but I just have not got them yet.I missed her at the cruise in some how that first year before I tore her down for the rebuild, but she found her car & sent me this. :lol:
Imageupload a picture
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THAT'S COOL !! I take my hat off to anyone that works...like that.,,that's the kinda person OL POP wants around him, I think you ought to take that coke machine to her,,you ain't gonna do nuttin with it ,,are you?? do you even have any cokes in it....or is it full of beer??...if so ...dis-regard givin it away,,it has a good purpose.........BOY o BOY...WE TOOK OVER THIS THREAD,huh? so time to back off and look for parts for a 63 comet.....I know where 2 are,but it's over a 2hr drive one way from here,where my deer camp is,,I'll be going down there soon to check my trailer and other stuff out ,and I'll try to get that guy's phone number and permission to post it,,,they are rough,one is a V8 2drht and I think it has a 4spd.the other started life as a 6cyl and it's rougher,,but they may have a certain hard to find part..
pop/glenda

DirtyHarry44cal

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to many great conversations with you all about Scarlett. I will post pictures when I get the chance.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DirtyHarry44cal wrote:Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to many great conversations with you all about Scarlett. I will post pictures when I get the chance.
DHCAL44,as you may have noticed,,WE CAN GET OFF TILT on a thread...but in the end we will put it back level and will try to put it back on a useful and informative thread...thanks and bare with us....we do help others all we can,this is the very best forum there is....DON'T GET UP SET WITH JOHN,OL POP is trying to work with him and break him from his thread bustin ways,,,but he keeps pulling me down with him.... :!: :roll: :shock: :o :o
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

44 cal. Where are you and Scarlet located?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:
DirtyHarry44cal wrote:Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to many great conversations with you all about Scarlett. I will post pictures when I get the chance.
DHCAL44,as you may have noticed,,WE CAN GET OFF TILT on a thread...but in the end we will put it back level and will try to put it back on a useful and informative thread...thanks and bare with us....we do help others all we can,this is the very best forum there is....DON'T GET UP SET WITH JOHN,OL POP is trying to work with him and break him from his thread bustin ways,,,but he keeps pulling me down with him.... :!: :roll: :shock: :o :o
I learned from the best, so it'll be hard to refrain. But I'll try harder, No guaranties though. But back on track now. Speaking of tracks, one set led to the railway, on a day like today, right pop? :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: :D :!: :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen: 8)
Johno

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

I got parts for mine from all over - carpet from rock auto, different things from Macs, Scott Drake, Falcon parts, Amazon. There is an eBay seller that sells door panels for them, nstlrt, supposed to be nice. Good luck and have fun!!

DirtyHarry44cal

You're all friendly here and like to chat, I enjoy reading the comments on and off topic. Scarlett and I are located in San Bernardino California. I am curious as how I should go about cleaning the rust and crap in the fuel tank?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

easiest way is get a new one. :lol: :lol: This is one area I got burned out on over the years. Main reason is if you have to tow much distance that would have paid for the tank nearly. When I got mine they were not available so carried it to a radiator shop & had it vatted out & patched, was leaking on top, lots of leaks. I ended up spending a couple hundred on the tank. I think it was a hundred or 125 to vatted it & patch it. then bout 60 for redkote tank coating, then sand because I sand blasted it twice & rattle car primer & paint. now they have a new one bout 300 :roll:
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

But for your car they are cheap, here's a couple;
http://www.getallparts.com/Mercury-Come ... AjgT8P8HAQ
http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/DC/ ... 7433948852

That would be a no brainer for me.
Johno

DirtyHarry44cal

New tank it is then! Wow, had no idea they would be so cheap! Thanks for the help Poboy!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Stick around, one problem at a time we'll help,first one of us then another, to get er back on the road but safety first ,then joy you'll discover! :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Johno