Seat belts?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
comethead

Re: Seat belts?

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
comethead wrote:Pop I need some financial help getting some headers for my race car.
And a cage.
And a helmet... :mrgreen:
if those pretty babies you have are going to be in it....let me know.......POP is dead serious when it comes to little ones...if you cannot afford to have the car safe for babies and tots,,then get rid of the old car....don't want to step on any toes,,but I give no slack when it comes to babies and little people...that's just how I am..plain as the pimple on your ...............nose !
Thanks Pop I appreciate the compliment. I was just yanking your chain! :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe I'm sending money ,check your mailbox twice a day,I may send it on the late train. You need a cage & a helmet & a jacket ,,,one of those white ones with the extra belts!!! :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Joe I'm sending money ,check your mailbox twice a day,I may send it on the late train. You need a cage & a helmet & a jacket ,,,one of those white ones with the extra belts!!! :lol:
JOHN,YOU get JOE that jacket with the long sleeves,,,mean while OL POP will go down to the used medical supply store and pick up a brown leather couch for him to stretch out on.....he'll have to furnish his own clipboard and go to the UNEMPLOYMENT SERVICES and hire his own short skirt wearing nurse to assist him,and if that jacket is put on correctly,his hands are under control...so the nurse ain't got any worries....she ought to work CHEAP !! :shock: :shock: :roll: :? :wink: pop
pop/glenda

DirtyHarry44cal

Post by DirtyHarry44cal »

That's a great idea comethead, I'll buy one when I'm ready. Thanks 8)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Not sure about yours but mine had threaded holes in the rockers for the front belts & I think the rear ones too, but I think you need have the bottom part of the seat off to see them. but that will be the easiest way to put on the back or center part of the belts. may be covered by carpet or vinyl but you can probe around with a nail or something sharp & find them maybe.

popscomet wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:Joe I'm sending money ,check your mailbox twice a day,I may send it on the late train. You need a cage & a helmet & a jacket ,,,one of those white ones with the extra belts!!! :lol:
JOHN,YOU get JOE that jacket with the long sleeves,,,mean while OL POP will go down to the used medical supply store and pick up a brown leather couch for him to stretch out on.....he'll have to furnish his own clipboard and go to the UNEMPLOYMENT SERVICES and hire his own short skirt wearing nurse to assist him,and if that jacket is put on correctly,his hands are under control...so the nurse ain't got any worries....she ought to work CHEAP !! :shock: :shock: :roll: :? :wink: pop

good idea Pop!! but we'll need to make it an extra long jacket to keep the nurses safe! :shock: :roll: :)
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

if it's chinched up correct,his hands are secure...member that CHEECH AND CHONG movie,where CHEECH was wearing one of those jackets and he had an itch ???? never laughed so hard in my life !!
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:if it's chinched up correct,his hands are secure...member that CHEECH AND CHONG movie,where CHEECH was wearing one of those jackets and he had an itch ???? never laughed so hard in my life !!
I wasnt thinkin of his hands :roll: I think I do remember that & the gap in his stache was off-center, that was funny too :lol:
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

Man...tough audience! :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comethead wrote:Man...tough audience! :lol:
8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: ...............now back to seat belts.......pop
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Aunt Lou (my 63) has the factory bolt holes for seatbelts with the re-enforced backing even though she wasn't equipped I think it was a standard floor regardless so double check under the carpet and you will probably find them. Once located you can get a set of reproduction bets for a Mustang fairly cheap imagine and bolt them right in, reproduction would be a better choice them originals in my opinion since the webbing and stitching will be new and stronger.

Good luck with Scarlet
Careful your character's showing!

1962Comet

Post by 1962Comet »

My '62 Comet also had the seat belt holes with nuts welded in place in the floor for the front seats. It was an easy job as the reproduction belts came with the hardware. I didn't locate any holes for the rear seat when I had the interior out, so I haven't had anyone ride in the back since it's been back on the road.
1962 Comet - 2-Door, 170 cu.in. with 6,950 Original Miles.
https://www.dplivingston.com/picking-up ... -62-comet/ <-- follow my 1962 Comet Restoration.