Seat belts?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
DirtyHarry44cal

Seat belts?

Post by DirtyHarry44cal »

I have a 3 year old son who has been helping to fix Scarlett ( 63 Comet ). She will be my everyday transportation and I need a way to strap a car seat safety in. Is there a kit available or do I need a custom shop and how many arms and legs will this cost?

comethead

Re: Seat belts?

Post by comethead »

Most the vendors sell seat belt kits with the hardware.
You'll have to find the right locations and drill holes in the floor. Back them up on the bottom with some thick large area washers.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DHCAL44,,THAT'S AN ASSINE question to me,you need to strap a car seat in your car and your worried about how much money you gotta spend ! that hit a nerve with me....how much money is it worth to you to keep that car seat planted in one place???,,no matter if it takes 3 arms and 9 legs,,what ever it takes to do it right and safe and correct,,you don't put a price tag on it///you make it safe for that baby,,how much is your damn head worth when it comes to buying a safty helmet...same thing ,,,only that baby is more important then your head///JMO///....POP is very touchy when it comes to children...if you need some fanacial help when it comes to mounting that car seat....PM POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Pop I need some financial help getting some headers for my race car.
And a cage.
And a helmet... :mrgreen:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comethead wrote:Pop I need some financial help getting some headers for my race car.
And a cage.
And a helmet... :mrgreen:
if those pretty babies you have are going to be in it....let me know.......POP is dead serious when it comes to little ones...if you cannot afford to have the car safe for babies and tots,,then get rid of the old car....don't want to step on any toes,,but I give no slack when it comes to babies and little people...that's just how I am..plain as the pimple on your ...............nose !
pop/glenda

DirtyHarry44cal

Wow, consider the toes stepped on! I didn't realize that I implied that my kids safety was not worth an arm and leg, I implied that it could be expensive. NOT THAT I WAS UNWILLING TO SPEND WHAT EVER IT TAKES! I am more than capable of providing for kid. I don't appreciate some stranger insulting me!!

DirtyHarry44cal

Thanks comethead. I'm looking into the kits, found a video on YouTube on installing them. Bought a kit today.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DirtyHarry44cal wrote:Wow, consider the toes stepped on! I didn't realize that I implied that my kids safety was not worth an arm and leg, I implied that it could be expensive. NOT THAT I WAS UNWILLING TO SPEND WHAT EVER IT TAKES! I am more than capable of providing for kid. I don't appreciate some stranger insulting me!!
wasn't trying to insult,,that's just how I took your wording,,it hit a nerve with OL POP ,when it comes to babies and children....so just drop it and it'll go no farther..have a great day and good luck on your comet and making it baby safe...thank you and if by chance I can be of help ,I'll be the 1st to jump in
pop/glenda

DirtyHarry44cal

I'll consider this just a misunderstanding. I appreciate your concerns and want you to know my son is my life. I welcome your advice and any help you offer. I do have more to discuss in regards of Scarlett. I'll post a few more threads soon. Thank you Pop.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Now that right there is how 2 gentlemen settle a misunderstanding ! :wink: Hat is off to you both! :!: :)
Johno

Groover

Post by Groover »

poboyjo65 wrote:Now that right there is how 2 gentlemen settle a misunderstanding ! :wink: Hat is off to you both! :!: :)
seems a beer would be appropriate as well.

But seriously folks that's why the Comet forum is better than all the rest. No drama, just Comets.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Groover wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:Now that right there is how 2 gentlemen settle a misunderstanding ! :wink: Hat is off to you both! :!: :)
seems a beer would be appropriate as well.

But seriously folks that's why the Comet forum is better than all the rest. No drama, just Comets.
SO TRUE and SO COOL 8) ! and if the good LORD EVER LETS OUR TRAILS CROSS ,OL POP will be the first to offer the well spoken very mature young man a beer of his choice..{as long as it isn't a BUDWEISER,,PERFERBLY BUSCH LIGHT} 8) :lol: :wink: CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I LIKE !!!! OL POP
pop/glenda

DirtyHarry44cal

The Lord has been good to me, finding you all was a blessing. I look forward to getting to know you all and making some good friends with good taste in cars. 8)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DirtyHarry44cal wrote:The Lord has been good to me, finding you all was a blessing. I look forward to getting to know you all and making some good friends with good taste in cars. 8)
YOUR ARE ALREADY ON THE GOOD FRIENDS LIST.........YOU WERE THERE AS SOON AS YOU JOINED ,you just didn't know it...... :D :) that's how we work on this forum,,you can't choose your kinfolks,,but you can your friends,,,,and we chose you !!....a lot of us meet the 1st wk end in june in PIGION FORGE,TENN..SOME BRING A COMET ,some don't,in fact POP ain't this year,but if you could make it would be super,great times are in store and some good ol bs under the tent at night...and I could give you that beer and shake your hand...............pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

DirtyHarry44cal wrote:Thanks comethead. I'm looking into the kits, found a video on YouTube on installing them. Bought a kit today.
No problem! I used stock seatbelts when I strapped my kids seat in. They're not as long as the replacement belts I've seen.
Also, (maybe you know this) Target and Walmart sell some nice back seat protector pads for child car seats. It'll save your vinyl upholstery from any undue stress or spills.

Joe