Input needed on reproduction dash

The Round Body, Finned Comets
mopar 346

Input needed on reproduction dash

Post by mopar 346 »

I ran across this and wondered if anyone has any info on it or the company offering it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Dash-Pad ... SwqW9ZYBGY

Thanks, Kevin
Careful your character's showing!

poboyjo65

Re: Input needed on reproduction dash

Post by poboyjo65 »

Not sure if it is the same one but most likely; a guy on facebook let them use his as a pattern or to make the mold from,what ever they do. I think he got the first one to test or something, I cant remember exactly. I'll ask him about it.
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ok I talked to him. He worked with them for 2 years developing it. it said it was fantastic. He said to skip ebay & go directly to the maker & tell them Karl Jacobs sent you ;
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A% ... MmziqS&s=1

He said they are thinking of discontinuing it so yo may want to get it fairly soon. he said he is working with them on some other comet stuff. he sent me some pics of one on his car (red) I'll post up.
Johno

S22Comet63

Post by S22Comet63 »

I worked with them for 2 years to get this done along with Dick Harrington.. Skip the eBay link and go directly to www.fabrication.com and Tell them I sent you! How can I post pics?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Thank you Johnny, I'll get one coming, I've been waiting for one for awhile. Karl, thank you for helping to bring this to market, care to give any glimpse on what else they might be working on?

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Karl the link goes to a metal fab site but I did a quick search and came up with this https://rhinofabrication.com/product/19 ... -dash-pad/ , which seems to be right.

Ordered!

Thanks again, Kevin

S22Comet63

Post by S22Comet63 »

http://Www.rhinofabrication.com won't let me upload pics. Working on a new kickpanel speaker setup

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Dang, I was just now thinking I want to fix up my interior some. I guess I need to get one of these on the way! Thanks

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Just ordered mine! And some kick panels. Havent got them yet obviously, but Tim was great to deal with!

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Got mine today!! Now, how do I install it? Take the trim pieces off and just place it up there? Mine has a homemade cloth looking think on it now. I'm kinda scared to start pulling it off!! Is there supposed to be a hole on top for a speaker? The new pad has an indention there.

S22Comet63

Post by S22Comet63 »

I just typed a whole post and it's gone... yikes

S22Comet63

Post by S22Comet63 »

You remove your garnish mouldings and carefully remove the stainless lower trim piece at the bottom of the pad, remove your A pillar trim, speaker grille etc etc... clean clean clean and dye the pad WITHOUT TRIMMING IT AS IT WILL SLIGHTLY SHRINK! It's right when the radio recess drops into place ... You need to remove the defroster ducts and the speaker grille.. if you've never done this I suggest you enlist someone with upholstery knowledge ... it's not that hard as we did many test fits and the finished product is awesome! It is extremely important to know yourbblimits and seekv assistance if unsure.. this pad literally drops in place with only slight TRIMMING! But don't trim the lower section till after the lower trim piece is in place! If you have Facebook join our group Mercury Comets and see the step by step process I posted..

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Sounds easy enough....thanks!!

bmmaurer

Post by bmmaurer »

S22Comet63 wrote:You remove your garnish mouldings and carefully remove the stainless lower trim piece at the bottom of the pad, remove your A pillar trim, speaker grille etc etc... clean clean clean and dye the pad WITHOUT TRIMMING IT AS IT WILL SLIGHTLY SHRINK! It's right when the radio recess drops into place ... You need to remove the defroster ducts and the speaker grille.. if you've never done this I suggest you enlist someone with upholstery knowledge ... it's not that hard as we did many test fits and the finished product is awesome! It is extremely important to know yourbblimits and seekv assistance if unsure.. this pad literally drops in place with only slight TRIMMING! But don't trim the lower section till after the lower trim piece is in place! If you have Facebook join our group Mercury Comets and see the step by step process I posted..

And do NOT glue the new one in place. The trim will hold it secure and removal next time is easy.

Comet Bruce