Fairlane buckets compatible?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
Moses

Fairlane buckets compatible?

Post by Moses »

Does anyone know if the factory buckets from a 62 Fairlane are bolt-in compatible with a 63 Comet?

Looks to have the same pretty little console between the seats, but the seats themselves look slightly fatter more contoured.

62Cometman

Re: Fairlane buckets compatible?

Post by 62Cometman »

From what i have found the early falcon comet seats are comparable to the thunderbird seats of the same year. ie 60-65 comet seat is the same as a 60-65 thunderbird. The seat covers swap between the 2 but i dont know if the seat tracks are the same or not.
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

62Cometman wrote:From what i have found the early falcon comet seats are comparable to the thunderbird seats of the same year. ie 60-65 comet seat is the same as a 60-65 thunderbird. The seat covers swap between the 2 but i dont know if the seat tracks are the same or not.
Comet seats and T bird seats are completely different, the tracks do not interchange. I installed ‘64 T bird seats in my ‘64 Cyclone, it took some fabrication to adapt the Comet seat track to the T bird seat frame. I did not want the T bird track because it would not fit the contours of the Comet floor pan. What I like about the T bird seats is that you sit “in”them, with the Comet seats you sit “on” them.
Attached is a photo.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

62Cometman

Post by 62Cometman »

I stand corrected, cant remember where i got my original info from :roll:
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.