poboyjos ride

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
popscomet

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by popscomet »

POP is glad your free !! me and john was in such a hurry to get away from that dang plane,,we forgot all about ya !!....bet you had to pee mighty bad !! :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Loner wrote:Johno the back of your car in the new sig picture you put up looks good. Is that a Cyclone emblem I see :lol: :lol:
I'm wondering if it is a common occurrence for there to be such a large gap at the bottom of the trunk lid. The few I have seen in person and my own are all like this.
Have you noticed the same?
I hear you can use the weather striping from the back of a Dodge Darago for the trunk on these cars.
Might grab one next time I'm at the wrecking yard just to try it.

Matt
Yea that is a cyclone emblem. I found the 3 tail panel pieces with the emblem for 200 . the trim was very nice. had been stripped of the anodizing , polished & painted. the emblem's brads were removed for this,& is screwed back on with small screws so I could take it off if I wanted but I would have 3 holes, & the cyclone purists wouldn't have as much to gripe about. :lol: I have thought about getting a trophy shop to make an aluminum plaque with caliente on it. but not high on the priority list.

yea all of the trunks dont fit so well but if you look back in ''Lou's 65 Comet build'' you see how to fix yours, although I know you would find a way, Lou's way will make it easy for you.
Johno

Loner

Post by Loner »

Having a trophy shop build you a Caliente emblem would be cool. I would have them copy the flag off of the Cyclone one for it.
I'll look over at Lou's to see what he did about the gap.

Thanks,Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It already has a flag on the emblem. I was going to put the aluminum plaque on the cyclone emblem
Johno

albert

Post by albert »

Johno, I also have the Cyclone emblem on the rear and also the emblems on the interior doors. It confuses the hell out of everyone when they see Caliente on the rear fenders. Almost everyone at car shows always referred to my car as a Cyclone because of the Crites hood. So my rationale is give the public what they want especially when most of them no nothing about Comets. Only ever had one guy say it was only a Caliente and that's because he worked at the Ford Metuchen NJ factory where my car was built and he might have actually had a hand in building it! I do end up telling any inquisitive lookers what I have done. I'm not trying to misrepresent what my car really is. Just like that Cyclone name!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

albert wrote:It confuses the hell out of everyone when they see Caliente on the rear fenders.
Now I want to put every '64 badge on my Comet to really confuse folks :roll: OK probably won't they are confused enough by it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

Your right Albert most people know less than nothing about Comets!
I have a Cyclone grill, steering wheel and fiberglass hood that probably originally came on a Cyclone on my Caliente and I could care less! My car my parts :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Loner

Post by Loner »

Today while you guys talked about adding emblems. I spent part of the day welding up the holes on the back of my trunk lid. Those block letters look funny to me. I really like the flags on the Cyclone stuff and I really like John's idea of putting Caliente on his Cyclone emblem.

Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Matt I bought the trunk letters after market at a reduced rate. just an impulse buy. but If I put them on I think I will move them all down to one side of the trunk lid, right next to each other, over the cyclone emblem.
Johno

Loner

Post by Loner »

Johno I'm just not a fan of those block letters. I like the clean look of the trunk without them. They might look better placed together?
I have two sets of them but only one M. Going to sell them and put the money in the gas tank fund :D :D

Matt

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

I'm not a big fan of emblems neither. Took the "COMET" letters off trunk and welded holes plus removed the trunk lock. Also took the qtr panel emblems off and welded holes, and removed whatever you call the chrome things on the panel between the trunk and rear window

But keeping the Caliente moldings, the 3 piece tail light trim, the V8 emblems on the fenders, and Sargent bars. Tho I go back and forth on the Sargent bars lol.

Going with the Cyclone grille, but not sure if painting grill all black with the chrome ring or painting just the outside of ring black like the factory did. Also going to use the Cyclone inner door emblems, they cover the access holes.

Lou

albert

Post by albert »

Looks like many of us want something CYCLONE on our CALIENTE'S...............that's perfectly fine with me. As I said most people have no idea what a 64/65 Cyclone really is.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

albert wrote:Looks like many of us want something CYCLONE on our CALIENTE'S...............that's perfectly fine with me. As I said most people have no idea what a 64/65 Cyclone really is.
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:
albert wrote:Looks like many of us want something CYCLONE on our CALIENTE'S...............that's perfectly fine with me. As I said most people have no idea what a 64/65 Cyclone really is.
pop was trying to muti-task with a one track mind,while talking to my brother on the cell phone,,playing with the mouse and was scrolling along and trying to read and listen to him and just clicked....had nothing to post !! :roll: :shock: :? :wink: :!:
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

I would love to find a Cyclone hood like Joe's, a Cyclone tach would be cool also. Or better yet a whole car :lol: :lol:
Most of the parts for Comets that I have found at swap meets have been from sellers that haven't got a clue of what they came off of. Most times I never see any parts for 64-65 cars.

Matt