Fairlaniac's 1964 FE Pro Street Project

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
pro64

Re: Fairlaniac's 1964 FE Pro Street Project

Post by pro64 »

I got to tell you doug that sure looks familiar.Nice back on the ground.....

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Doug she sure looks pretty sitting there like that,Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Loner

Post by Loner »

Love the stance,you nailed it.

Matt

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Looks good! I also like the stance, maybe not as much as the huge rear tires. But always been a fan of big tires. :)

Got to feel good getting back on the ground and rolling . Mine hasn't seen sunlight or fresh air in over 7 years :(

Nice work Doug!

Lou

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Great job. looks like it's ready to rumble.
tomb's 65

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Hi, I rolled my Comet out of my shop today what a great feeling, a long way to go but it rolled on it's wheels so I could look from the other side of the street to see if the long front fenders looks OK, I think unless I tell some one they won't know the difference if I figure how to post pictures, Doug it looks Great keep plugin along maybe we should race to get them done. Leny Mason

fair67

Post by fair67 »

Doug
Your car looks great i am sure it was a great feeling when it rolled out. Yes you have a ways to go but you have made alot of good progress. Keep it up looks like a racer for sure..

loman

Post by loman »

Doug,

I was looking at your engine bay picture trying to get ideas for my car. What rear motor plate did you use or did you make it yourself? Also, do you have any advice/tips as far as placing the motor forward or back in the engine bay? I saw that you modified the firewall a bit is that because you moved the motor back or is that just the nature of the FE in the 64 body style? Thanks in advance for any info.

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

loman wrote:Doug,

I was looking at your engine bay picture trying to get ideas for my car. What rear motor plate did you use or did you make it yourself? Also, do you have any advice/tips as far as placing the motor forward or back in the engine bay? I saw that you modified the firewall a bit is that because you moved the motor back or is that just the nature of the FE in the 64 body style? Thanks in advance for any info.
I custom made the front plates. I drew them on CAD and S&W Chassis water jet them. I then bought the over the counter mid-plate from S&W. My location is set by the rack and pinion and the way the dual sump Canton oil pan clears. I am in the process of cutting out my firewall and replacing with a smooth fire wall. I was going to move it rear for master cylinder clearance but have decided to put my master cylinder under the dash and behind the firewall.
https://www.cantonracingproducts.com/pr ... TRUCK-PAN/
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

Been a while since I’ve posted, been a while since I gave the Comet some love. Too much going on and the Fairlane needed some love as well.

I decided to get rid of the stock firewall and inner fenders and go with a smoother look. Working on a 1” sq. Tubing frame and support for the new firewall. I’ve tied it into the frame for rigidity.

Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

loman

Post by loman »

That box tube looks good on the firewall. I wish I would have done something like that on my black car to make it stronger in that area.