1965 Caliente rear view mirror

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: 1965 Caliente rear view mirror

Post by poboyjo65 »

Nothing was said to you out of line that I see. only facts were mentioned. You say you have a willingness to learn but when you are told the answers you feel hassled? that doesn't make sense. Do you think there is a chance you took something wrong? I just dont see what in the cornbread hell you are referring to. :? :? you obviously felt ''hassled'' before my quote that you threw up. If you cant explain what you are talking about how am I suppose to know? :?
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Ron - Just IMO, but you've largely had a "take this as gospel or I'm done with you" approach with folks. When you come across like that, at the very least folks are gonna expect 100% accuracy (or dang close to it!)... You've done a great job with your Ranchero, but a bunch of other folks have done/ are doing the same kinda thing...losing sleep, scrabbling on their ass on concrete under their car, saving money to get the next needed part...

You know why? Because we love Foooords (especially Comets and Falcons)... Unless you've done-up a bunch of other Falcons/ Comets, get paid a lot to do 'em, and are willing to have your feet put to the fire for being wrong ANYTIME......stop trying to be an authority and start being an ENTHUSIAST!!

I think you've got a lot of good knowledge/ experience to offer. By the same token, so do a lot of other folks!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Rocket989 wrote:Ron - Just IMO, but you've largely had a "take this as gospel or I'm done with you" approach with folks. When you come across like that, at the very least folks are gonna expect 100% accuracy (or dang close to it!)... You've done a great job with your Ranchero, but a bunch of other folks have done/ are doing the same kinda thing...losing sleep, scrabbling on their ass on concrete under their car, saving money to get the next needed part...

You know why? Because we love Foooords (especially Comets and Falcons)... Unless you've done-up a bunch of other Falcons/ Comets, get paid a lot to do 'em, and are willing to have your feet put to the fire for being wrong ANYTIME......stop trying to be an authority and start being an ENTHUSIAST!!

I think you've got a lot of good knowledge/ experience to offer. By the same token, so do a lot of other folks!!
Ok whatever, all I can say is I try. I see what others have done or are doing and I'm aware of that. I do appreciate that though it may not be obvious. We all work at geting our projects where we want them. And we share ideas and thoughts and information. We help each others if we can. That's what I try to do.
Ron

Loner

Post by Loner »

One thing I know is none of us are as smart as all of us.

Matt

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Loner wrote:One thing I know is none of us are as smart as all of us.

Matt
I have to totally agree with Matt on this, I would not want to see anyone not contribute because none of us know everything, together we are pretty smart :P

Just everyone try to be civil if you ever have a disagreement and then move on because you might both be right or wrong, I know for me the only things I can answer definitively is what my Comet looks like or has currently (believe my Comet to have been completely original when I got it at only 15 yrs old and way under 100,000 miles) also my memory is not so great at times :roll: .

For this site to be a success we need everyone.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

Yep, Matt Nailed it!
NP Dave

afx1964

Post by afx1964 »