1964 comet suspension parts

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
popscomet

Re: 1964 comet suspension parts

Post by popscomet »

thank you and the old ragged thing has served me well.....it's been many trouble free miles,,the next time I drive it,it may make me walk home....but it has been a keeper for many yrs.......have grown fond of it :lol: :shock: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

You got all the ragged out of it for sure, & it has always looked great when I saw it. I wish you would do one thing to it though, & that's wash the tires!! :lol: maybe put some of that tire stuff on them. :P
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:lol: if I do that they may start leaking air.......ain't you never heard that a dirty engine is not as apt to leak oil !! :shock: :roll: :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote::lol: if I do that they may start leaking air.......ain't you never heard that a dirty engine is not as apt to leak oil !! :shock: :roll: :wink:
Nope, never heard it. but I may use that in the future if you dont mind. :wink: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
popscomet wrote::lol: if I do that they may start leaking air.......ain't you never heard that a dirty engine is not as apt to leak oil !! :shock: :roll: :wink:
Nope, never heard it. but I may use that in the future if you dont mind. :wink: :lol:
I don't care :lol: 8) all kiddin aside, I don't use much of that tire shine for the simple fact ,it comes off the tire and blows back on the paint down the sides.....I use a cleaner most times ,like diluted purple power and a scrub brush......besides OL POP has more to do then just scrub tires,,,,,sounds like you have more cleaning time then I do......keeping this place up ,my other cars and trucks and my race car,my tractors and equipment and I get to spend a lot of time with my 21mo grt grd son,,so honestly those tires are low on my list,,,and just think,,,I thought I'd have a tendacy to get bored when I retired 9yrs ago.....I need to go back to the railroad just so's I can rest up. :shock: :D :wink: :lol:
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

I bet Pops spends half the day cleaning on Mrs.Glenda's tires white letters out and all :lol: :lol:
I cant rib you to hard I do the same for my wife 8)

Matt

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Loner wrote:I bet Pops spends half the day cleaning on Mrs.Glenda's tires white letters out and all :lol: :lol:
I cant rib you to hard I do the same for my wife 8)

Matt
I TRIED TO HELP HER CLEAN that ol ford 1 time !! she would come right behind me and re-do what I had just done.......so I said BABE,,this is a waste of my time,,so I stopped and have never wiped on it again,,at shows people would ask me why I don't help her wipe and clean on it...I started telling them...she 's left handed and I'm right handed and she says THAT I WIPE WRONG !! :shock: :roll: she is so picky when it comes to this old ford....she has been awarded ribbons at different shows for cleaning and detailing this thing all day long,,she even bought a feather duster just to keep dust off it ,,,she goes in the climate controlled shop where it sits in the dark at least twice a week and just dusts it off...so all jokeing aside ,honest,OL POP does not clean on it...in fact that's the biggest reason she stopped taking it to shows,her knees and back won't let her stoop and get down anymore to clean on it...so it stays at home in the garage she had added to this house just for it..but if she ever was to ask me to clean on it with her ,I'd sure do it in a heart beat :) :D (50yrs of marriage comes into play :wink:
pop/glenda