survey

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
tomb22

Re: survey

Post by tomb22 »

Another NO for straight axle, but I like restomods. I want it to look like the old comet but function like a newer car.
tomb's 65

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Straight axle is the way to go, if you ever go to a Gasser gathering they are the nicest group of people all having Fun, no one telling each other they used the wrong # parts or looking for every flaw on the car like we all do, they are just having fun, mine would of been a gasser if I would of used a different engine but I thought if I die there is a better chance she would get a better price for it if It was pro street, my vote is do what is in your gut not what others think life is short, if you don't believe me put a tape measure on the floor mark 0 then mark your age then mark 78 that is the average age of a male and look at how many years are gone and what is left, it will open your eyes. Leny Mason

sursmilie64

Post by sursmilie64 »

Looks like the do not cut, Vote wins it. I was leaning that way to but needed the support. So I bought a 60 Ranchero straight axle to satisfy my gasser craving . The gasser crowd is a great group , equal to this Comet crowd. Check out the you tube video Greer dragway 2nd hot rod revival , Im driving Tetanus Shot .
So this put the cyclone back on the back burner again.The ranchero will get the 347 w/4 speed. I guess I could take the 302 t5 out of my pinto and put it in the cyclone.