Radiator

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
fair67

Re: Radiator

Post by fair67 »

Kingspeedy2 wrote:fait 67 would you mind posting the distance from where the rad mounts to the rad support to the water pump flange . (the total available room between water pump flange and rad support ) my car is gutted so the engine is out and I am putting in a new aluminum rad meant for a 67 mustang which is 2 wider over all an 3 1/8 thick for just a little more cooling surface. so if I am going to have to enlargen the opening I want to figure out if I am going to have to move the rad forward to get more clearance. for my spal electric fan . It would be greatly appreciated.
It doesn't matter how many pictures I took on disassembly I wish I had a spare Comet or friend with one so I could use to gather this info
It is BOUT 5 IN THICK TO THE FLANGE AND THE HOLE IN THE RADIATOR SUPPORT IS ABOUT 17 X 17.

fair67

Post by fair67 »

Just an update I got the 2 core Champion radiator and use the original fan. It is so close that there is no way a 3 core will fit without hitting the fan.

naviondude

Post by naviondude »

Does the puke tank just mount off the side of the radiator? Got a photo of your location?

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

naviondude wrote:Does the puke tank just mount off the side of the radiator? Got a photo of your location?

Mounted it right to the radiator.
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

tomb22 wrote:
naviondude wrote:Does the puke tank just mount off the side of the radiator? Got a photo of your location?

Mounted it right to the radiator.
Looks good Tom. Looks like your got the fatter size tank. Mine is skinnier than the cap. I put mine in the same location but I was cramped for space so I got the skinnier one. My rad is wider,,has side tanks,& the v regulator was a hindrance too, so I had to mount the puke tank to the rad support with a piece of stainless to space it out some. The ss piece is like a longer one piece version of the little L brackets that came with the tank.

So much for the bargain on the puke tank :roll: I found this rad cap that looked similar to the p tank cap. so that cost me anuther 25 bucks :roll:
Johno