Post by tomb22 »

That sounds very cool POP
tomb's 65

frdpwr

Re: 64 Comet Build

Post by frdpwr »

tomb22

What accelerator pedal did you use?
I'm looking at the Lokar setup but just curious what you have.

Thanks

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

frdpwr wrote:tomb22

What accelerator pedal did you use?
I'm looking at the Lokar setup but just curious what you have.

Thanks
I bought one from Speedway Motors part #916-55013 and also used the Lokar setup where you can cut it to fit. The Lokar cable ended up pretty short but was very flexible.
Tom
tomb's 65

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

Thanks tomb22, Lokar is on our dealer list so I'll go that route.

We had "The Boss" in the shop a few days ago.
Chase.jpg
Chase.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
Except for changing some bolts the engine compartment has been dressed up and new metal cleared.
Frame notched for header clearance, solenoid mounted, MDL clutch master and flange bearing for steering shaft.
Engine Compartment.jpg
Engine Compartment.jpg (49.54 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
Pop & I added a new piece of shop equipment for those trick parts we might need.
25 yr dream finally coming true.
Lathe.jpg
Lathe.jpg (42.77 KiB) Viewed 3402 times

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Ah! Time to make some chips! :D
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

frdpwr wrote:Pop & I added a new piece of shop equipment for those trick parts we might need.
25 yr dream finally coming true.
Ok, now I might have to come visit for few days :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Aw!! Man I think that piece of equipment is on everybody's wish list. Awesome. Fun to see the young boss in the shop!!!!
Tom
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea that's nice Dwayne! that looks like a good lathe. I had an ancient South bend,it was so old it had flat pulleys & was probably ran on steam back when a big steam engine powered many machines. but it had been converted to electric. it weighed more than a ton I bet & big but small chuck & bed. a guy came along & offered me 50 more than I gave for it so I got it out of my way. I've missed it but I just didnt have room for it.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SON,CAME OUT THE other night and had a picture and told me what we bought,,,,of course I said that's fine by me...I have been looking for one for yrs to buy for him ,,,just never could find the correct one for the money,,,,he went ahead and bite the bullet....he's run one for yrs..has made many trick stuff fpr his mother's 56 ford......next thing is a mill..we'll get it soon !!
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

been working on RUSTY RELIC,just ain't been on here about it....work a few hrs anight..son working so much and having to go into work at the wee hrs and stay late,,this week took 2-t10's and built 1,had to make shifter linkage,tonight he installed the hyd throw-out bearing and we got the clutch and Pressure plate and the blowproof bell housing all bolted to the engine,,ran out of time to install back into the car,,plan on doing that tomorrow afternoon,,,first of week got the brake lines custom fitted for the frt 2 whls,,test fitted the MC and mc for the clutch...we chip away at it ,soon as weather gets on our side ,it will go outside and be put on the lift to run lines and stuff to the rear and and we need to change rear gears and more then likely it will get a spool and we need to measure for a custom drive shaft.....so it has a lot of work still to do....we also have all the steering mocked up and drivers seat mounted.......we have been busy,,.....we are lookin forward to having it all done and start getting some fun out of it.....and having it at the PF gathering,,,tho it might not be 100% completed,it will move under it's own power........thanks for the interest......POP......Dwayne will post pic's when he can get to it
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Thanks for the update.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Sounds like you guys are flogging away!! :lol: :lol:

BTW - if you need a T10 yoke for the driveshaft mine’s on a shelf gathering dust. I’ll be happy to send it down to y’all!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

Update pics to what Pop has mentioned about our progress.
Lines.jpg
Lines.jpg (33.78 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Shift Rods.jpg
Shift Rods.jpg (23.2 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Hyd Brg.jpg
Hyd Brg.jpg (51.69 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Engine Trans.jpg
Engine Trans.jpg (34.9 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Steering support.jpg
Steering support.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 3280 times

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Are you going to put any kind of steering column in or just a shaft with a steering wheel at the top?

I do hope to see this Comet at PF for sure.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:Are you going to put any kind of steering column in or just a shaft with a steering wheel at the top?

I do hope to see this Comet at PF for sure.

See Ya,
Mike
NO column,MIKE,, just a shaft.....just like a dirt track car....this has always been a race car build from the get go..it is a drag car.....not a street car...so signal lights don't come into the picture,,,altho we plan on it having workable head lights and tail lights...it has to have at least one tail light to race our local track on Saturday night and that is what the comet started out to be for over 23 yrs ago....the biggest reason we are trying to have it ready for PF in june is 'cause it is different...you'll know it is a race car only when you 1st see it....it may not be 100% complete at PF ,as we are running out of time,but it will move under it's own power and will dang sure wake the DEAD !! :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda