64 Comet Build

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Lip Ripper

Re: 64 Comet Build

Post by Lip Ripper »

I own a set along with a US Wheel copy and I can assure you, I may be a redneck but I'm no bowtie driven "idiot". Growing up and building models in the 60's is where I first learned of them. And they were on many successful drag racing hero's cars as well. I always wanted some, now I have them. And I married a redhead, to each their own.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:I own a set along with a US Wheel copy and I can assure you, I may be a redneck but I'm no bowtie driven "idiot". Growing up and building models in the 60's is where I first learned of them. And they were on many successful drag racing hero's cars as well. I always wanted some, now I have them. And I married a redhead, to each their own.

Stacey
don't take anything personal....all this talk about cragar whls is said in FUN...We've been carrying on about those whls for along time......thanks POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Rocket989 wrote:Pop - Did you remember to grab the box with the Cragars?? :D :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
I do not have cragars ,,,but I do have a brand new set of TT'D"S ,still in the boxes they came in,,for way way over 20+yrs,,15x7 best I recall :!: :D :) pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I didn't mean to offend anyone with the crager remarks.It was all in said in fun. Sorry if I upset anyone. I'm not here to ruffle any feathers. Just enjoy good fun conversation with like minded Comet folks,Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

To bring the levity back in...this pic has been taped to the inside of the lid of my primary tool box since the late ‘80’s!! I was always so taken with the pic as a whole I never noticed the F100 was wearing.....Cragars!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still think the whole thing is kick ass!!!!! :mrgreen:

'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

there has been a lot of work done on RUSTY,we just don't get on here and report it !!! several late nights have been involved in getting this comet to PF,,son has worked his rear off,,just tonight we got the frt fenders and head light buckets installed and that's just the tip of the ice burg,,,got to have the new rear tires mounted in a day or so as well as the new frt glass,,,it still appears it will be PF bound next week with out a hitch,,,ran into a hic-up tonight ...we can't locate the hood latch....we have it....just can't find it,,,,in the morning OL POP will go up in the attic and bring down the crites glass bumpers for it,,and we also have to find the original bumpers in order to have the correct brkts,,we did a pretty good job of keeping up with all the parts and bolts thru out 23 plus years,but we ain't perfect,,it's going to be an awesome ole comet,but it ain't going to be pretty as far as looks..it has more patina on it then whoever thought that word up :shock: 8) :lol: ,,,but to us it will be over hip deep in the WOW factor and that was our intent from the get go !!!! thanks POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:it has more patina on it then whoever thought that word up
:lol: :lol: :lol: And I keep removing the patina off my Comet and priming it :roll: :P

Look forward to seeing it at PF as well as all the good Comet folks.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

Pop I have a few extra hood latches, if you need me to ship one to you ASAP I will. Let me know!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comethead wrote:Pop I have a few extra hood latches, if you need me to ship one to you ASAP I will. Let me know!

Joe
thanks JOE !! will keep that in mind.....son is looking at old shop this afternoon before he comes over,,,if I need you I will get in touch............pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe ,Pop I dont know about 64 falcon latches, may be what Joe is referring to,but 65 comet latches are different than 64 comets.
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

Thanks John! Hell I think I have a few 65s. I’ll have to check I thought they were the same.
I should have one 64 latch that I probably won’t use because I’m going with 4 hood pins :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe I looked at some 64 falcons online,they look like 65 latches with the double saftey hooks. I think the 64 comet latch is unique,with one hook mounted to the hood. here is a pic of Pops;

Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO JOE.....AND JOHN...Dwayne found everything at the old shop,,the hic-up is cured :!:
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Pop, those plastic filters on the pressure side of the fuel pump make me nervous. That's about all one can get for the german fuel lines on the VW's and I've seen too many leak and catch fire. Hell, can we even get that style in steel these days?
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

STACEY,been using those plastic filters for a very long time ,maybe OL POP has just been lucky,but I have not ever had a problem,I use them on tractors also,that one on the comet has been on it for yrs,,,so I reckon I,ve been lucky,,,thanks for the heads up..I'll have it on my mind from now on......POP 8)
pop/glenda