Ouch!!

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: Ouch!!

Post by poboyjo65 »

Rocket989 wrote:
This!! We went downtown the other week and my wife drove. I watched folks and no joke, at least a 1/3 were f****ing with a phone while driving. This was on the Interstate... Scary crap.
!
I have heard that it is more dangerous than DWI & kills more people per year. whether or not it is true I dont know. I think if they stiffened the punishment for being phonedrunk to the same as DWI that it would help. A couple days in jail for some of these people would open their eyes I think. laws around here for first offense DWi is 48 hr's jail time, dwi school, & loose license for a year.2nd offense is 45 days in jail & it gets worse. Seems a little bit stiff punishment for looking at a phone but killing someone or/& yourself is a bad thing no matter how it's done . & doing it on a busy hwy many many people are in danger from each phonedrunk idiot.
Johno

gotyurback

Post by gotyurback »

Finally Back! Frame pulled, quarter repaired, rear subframe repaired, rear bumper and a brand new gas tank and repainted.., still waiting on assembly though. Btw I was able to find all the parts except the driver side door flat aluminum center trim, if anyone know where one is for sale please let me know.
Attachments
repaint comet2.jpg
repaint comet2.jpg (79.82 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
repaint comet1.jpg
repaint comet1.jpg (67.47 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
repaint comet.jpg
repaint comet.jpg (62.3 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
repaint comet4.jpg
repaint comet4.jpg (63.68 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
repaint comet3.jpg
repaint comet3.jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 1749 times

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats on getting it straightened back out!!! :D Car looks great!

watch out for them potholes!! :lol:
Johno

65_Rat_Merc

Post by 65_Rat_Merc »

YIKES!! Glad you're ok, hope she gets fixed up quick!!

Maxine and Me

Post by Maxine and Me »

gotyurback wrote:Finally Back! Frame pulled, quarter repaired, rear subframe repaired, rear bumper and a brand new gas tank and repainted.., still waiting on assembly though. Btw I was able to find all the parts except the driver side door flat aluminum center trim, if anyone know where one is for sale please let me know.
Awesome! Glad to see your Comet's getting the repairs it needs after that bumper bruiser! I don't have that piece of trim, unfortunately, but I'll look around for one next time I go scavenger-hunting at a salvage yard.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I have a couple pieces of the flat inlay not sure what though.
I'll get out there to look in the next couple days and let you know.

Edit
This used to be my parts car but when I moved (13 years ago) I gave it to the fellow that owned the property where it is/was parked. He has several 64s.
I had pulled some flat off it thought maybe that was one of the pieces but,,, not.

I also stripped a 64 I bought for 50 bucks in 1975 or so I'll still check that pile.

Click on the pic if it lets you in it's a photobucket album of a road trip I did in 2012 to my home town Saskatoon, Sk. Big auto sports weekend lots a car pics.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

pm sent
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about