Ouch!!

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
gotyurback

Ouch!!

Post by gotyurback »

Decided to take the comet out for a little cruise, stopped at the stop light and got a 40mph love tap for an idiot texting while driving
Attachments
2018-03-03 20.56.04.jpg
2018-03-03 20.56.04.jpg (174.76 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
2018-03-03 20.56.26.jpg
2018-03-03 20.56.26.jpg (155.13 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
2018-03-03 20.55.36.jpg
2018-03-03 20.55.36.jpg (172.65 KiB) Viewed 3648 times

poboyjo65

Re: Ouch!!

Post by poboyjo65 »

OH MAN, :shock: sorry! man that sux big time. At least you can now get a new tank. are the quarters buckled any?frame bent any? better get a pro with a frame machine to fix it just in case he needs to stretch something back out. When are people going to learn not to text while driving?
Johno

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

I feel for ya! 12 or so years ago I had the same thing happen. Stopped at a red light and some idiot slams into me. I don't know if he was texting or just distracted by the little dog he had with him. Luckily insurance covered it and a good shop worked with me and got it fixed up really nice. Even got some rechromed bumpers out of the deal. Good luck!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

You should have grabbed his phone and used it to give him the same experience he gave your car! :twisted: Man, that stinks!
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I feel for you, sorry to see this happen.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hey Man,,, feel your hurt!
Remember your build on that car on another site.
Nobody has ever hit Sassy, I seem to do enough damage on my own!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

Damn dude, that sucks! I got hit at 60mph while stopped last year, and 45mph while stopped the year before that. I needed a spinal fusion after the last one.

Did he/she at least have decent insurance?
Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

loman

Post by loman »

Jims65cyclone wrote:You should have grabbed his phone and used it to give him the same experience he gave your car! :twisted: Man, that stinks!
Jim
Agree, shove his phone where the sun doesn't shine. I hope your car is easily fixable and his gets totaled and crushed (along with the phone if it doesn't get shoved up his back side)

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Sorry that happened to you. Glade your OK. That's my greatest fear after all the effort one puts into the car.
Tom
tomb's 65

gotyurback

Post by gotyurback »

Fort Worth Police was parked in a vacant lot using his radar gun and he actually waved at me as I went pass by him, the officer then seen the driver that hit me texting while driving ( which is illegal in the state of Texas) so the officer was pulling out onto the road to stop the idiot but the guy rammed into the comet before the officer caught up to him. By the way he did get arrested and he did have insurance, we'll see how that goes.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Is the tank leaking? there is a drain plug on it. might be a good idea to drain it if it is leaking.

Good to hear there was a reliable witness & that he had insurance! :wink:

I was temped to make a joke about your user name but na :roll: .
Johno

barrys65cyclone

Post by barrys65cyclone »

Sorry for the loss but at least you are fine ? now if that would have been me the ball bat would come out and I would end up in jail after I beat them half to death I do not tolerate this kind of foolishness at all.

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Oh man that just SUCKS,at least you were not injured but it still makes you sick. I have in the basement 2 front fenders,2 hoods,trunk lid,passenger door and front and rear bumpers for my 1965 Cyclone. I keep thinking I should sell but if something happened to me like what happened to you I want to have backups. I agree with Loman that goofy driver needs a new place to stick that cell phone. Good luck with your repairs. Andy

Maxine and Me

Post by Maxine and Me »

*winces* Man, that just plain sucks! You weren't injured at all, were you? I know that's going to be a pain to repair, but at least your Comet's rear-end doesn't look as bad as his front-end! Detroit Steel > Chinesium plastic. Good luck with your repairs. Hopefully that nimrod's insurance will cover all the damages.

Austin

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

loman wrote:
Jims65cyclone wrote:You should have grabbed his phone and used it to give him the same experience he gave your car! :twisted: Man, that stinks!
Jim
Agree, shove his phone where the sun doesn't shine. I hope your car is easily fixable and his gets totaled and crushed (along with the phone if it doesn't get shoved up his back side)
This!! We went downtown the other week and my wife drove. I watched folks and no joke, at least a 1/3 were f****ing with a phone while driving. This was on the Interstate... Scary crap.

I hope you get your Comet “righted-up”!!!!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)