the newbie again... '64 Caliente convertible

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
hotrodbrando

the newbie again... '64 Caliente convertible

Post by hotrodbrando »

Hey all, btw, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll figure out posting pics soon. Plus I didn't have a chance to roll the car out for pics due to inclement weather and some cranky horses... anyway...

I posted some parts I need in the wanted section. Figure I would alert you guys to it if you don't check that section often...

So I kinda dug into the car a bit and I have some minor rust repair to do in the floors. Nothing that requires an entire panel. Worst spot is under the back seat. Hole clean through to the next layer but that part is solid.
I'm gonna try and pour some gas in the engine this weekend and see if it fires. It supposedly ran when parked five years ago. We shall see on that one... Either way, drive train coming out so I can put a MII front end on it. The old lady (well, she's 37) has some pain issues and adding the power rack will help a lot. I figure I have to comepletly R&R the front end anyway so for just a few coins more, swap to Stang II.

That's all for now...

Oh, side note: Here's a fun thing: Buy a car that you have always liked but never owned. But it will all the trim off the car and in the trunk. Include doubles and triples of said trim. Then, becuase you have never actually laid hands on the car before, try to figure out what all those Caliente trim pieces are for! My first go at it had the trim lined up the length of a Cadillac... :roll:
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible (project state)
1953 Mercury Gasser "Quicksilver"
1946 Ford Sedan Coupe
1941 Ford Business Coupe
1949 F1 Pickup (another project!)

SASSY

Re: the newbie again... '64 Caliente convertible

Post by SASSY »

lol
ya the 64 Calientes have enough trim on them for 2 Caddys!!!
How did they ever make any money on them!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

gmsnowball

Re: the newbie again... '64 Caliente convertible

Post by gmsnowball »

I whole heartedly agree.... 8)

Gary
Oklahoma Somewhere
Just Outside the Neutral Zone
64 Comet Calentie Convertible