64 comet/302 long tube headers

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
mercbill

Re: 64 comet/302 long tube headers

Post by mercbill »

popscomet wrote:the way OL POP sees it ,,if you can change out a 1200 lb diesel motor in a boat,,you should be able to work on a set of headers on a comet.....so why all the questions ???....this ain't brain repair !! your jacking up a motor,,,common sense comes into play some where////don't mean to upset you ,,,but give us a break....if you can work on a boat....you can work on a comet :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :? ...of course this is all POP's opinion.....pop

Well okay OL POP. I think you need to look at things a little differently. As a matter of fact you need to look at things a lot differently.

Common sense must not be your strong point. I didn't decide to swap out the engines in my boat without learning what work was needed beforehand. There are many ways to learn new things. Attend college classes, read technical manuals, talk to people and in the world we have today......participate in internet forums (like this one) with like minded individuals who have done it before.

The next time you need expert advice on an IBM AS/400 computer system, disaster recovery solutions or high availability planning, contact me. I'm an expert. I have 5 technical certifications in that field. I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge and expertise with you.

I don't have any knowledge of 1960's model mercury cars, which is why I'm here. I was trying to part of the community although, at this point, I'm not able to give advice only take. That must be what upset you.

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

mercbill wrote:
popscomet wrote:the way OL POP sees it ,,if you can change out a 1200 lb diesel motor in a boat,,you should be able to work on a set of headers on a comet.....so why all the questions ???....this ain't brain repair !! your jacking up a motor,,,common sense comes into play some where////don't mean to upset you ,,,but give us a break....if you can work on a boat....you can work on a comet :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :? ...of course this is all POP's opinion.....pop

Well okay OL POP. I think you need to look at things a little differently. As a matter of fact you need to look at things a lot differently.

Common sense must not be your strong point. I didn't decide to swap out the engines in my boat without learning what work was needed beforehand. There are many ways to learn new things. Attend college classes, read technical manuals, talk to people and in the world we have today......participate in internet forums (like this one) with like minded individuals who have done it before.

The next time you need expert advice on an IBM AS/400 computer system, disaster recovery solutions or high availability planning, contact me. I'm an expert. I have 5 technical certifications in that field. I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge and expertise with you.

I don't have any knowledge of 1960's model mercury cars, which is why I'm here. I was trying to part of the community although, at this point, I'm not able to give advice only take. That must be what upset you.

No need to be an %&@*# to him, he was just trying to tell you you’re making more out of it than it is. It’s a car you don’t own yet, and haven’t seen in person, so you can’t even really answer any questions about it, other than what you’ve been told. IF you get the car and THEN take a look at it, you’ll have a much better understanding of what work goes into it. He was saying if you’re capable of pulling a motor of that size and weight, then a well placed dent in some headers and/or pinning your motor mounts is gonna seem easy in comparison. Cool your jets.
Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

RideAndShoot wrote:
mercbill wrote:

No need to be an %&@*# to him, he was just trying to tell you you’re making more out of it than it is. It’s a car you don’t own yet, and haven’t seen in person, so you can’t even really answer any questions about it, other than what you’ve been told. IF you get the car and THEN take a look at it, you’ll have a much better understanding of what work goes into it. He was saying if you’re capable of pulling a motor of that size and weight, then a well placed dent in some headers and/or pinning your motor mounts is gonna seem easy in comparison. Cool your jets.
thank you....well spoken...I rest my case....... :!: 8)
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno