Cyclone trim

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
LENYM

Cyclone trim

Post by LENYM »

Do the 1964 Cyclone only have the Trim on the rear quarter panel around the Comet letters ,if so I need the spears for each side thanks Leny Mason

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Cyclone trim

Post by A/FX »

The ‘64 Cyclone had mineable exterior trim, only the COMET letters on the rear panels, CYCLONE emblem W/black checker flag on the front fenders behind the wheel opening, wheel well trim, and thin rocker molding. The balance of the trim on the front and rear facia was the same as a Caliente.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Thanks for the reply, so what Comet only has the trim around the Comet letters on the fear quarters and spears on the front fenders, I saw a picture of one like that Thanks. Leny Mason

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

You may be talking about 202 trim;
you can click on the pics to make them bigger
http://www.classic-carauction.com/aucti ... ionid=9760
I think the rear trim has an insert that can be left out or it may be painted but you could omit that & have it your body color in between the trim/around the comet letters.
Johno

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

That is it Does anyone have the trim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'd ''guess'' that trim around the comet lettering is like caliente trim,,,, all but the front point,,,caliente ''probably'' has a ''nook'' to accept the trim going to the front of the car. the rest looks like it would be the same. maybe someone with a caliente will speak up about that front piece. of course someone who has done all what you have to a car could probably hammer & dolly the nook to a point if he had to. :lol:
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Check out the pic of BigMikes 64 in hardcore, straightaxle thread
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about