Comet running hot

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Comet running hot

Post by A/FX »

[quote="vicegrip"
I'm sure your setup will work great even though 68 big block Mustangs weren't usually known for how cool they ran. I did a similar deal with a 70 Torino 429 SCJ replacement copper radiator with the saddle mounts you mentioned. From what I found,this has 30% more cooling capacity than the 68.Fits nicely with the support mod and the Torino shroud fits perfect upside down. Runs at 180 deg all day long with the other big block pushing 600+ hp.
Depending on what type of hood you have,there can be some clearance problems with the saddle mounts and the cap.[/quote]

I feel very confident that this set up will work as I planned. I talked to the guy at U.S.Radiator and told him all the components I am using, he recommended this radiator explaining that the core support would need to be modified. Being that I am not running a big block and have no air conditioning it should cool very well. My Boss 302block has been hot tanked so the water jackets are free of debris, I have aluminum heads which will also help dissipate heat. And as I mentioned before I am using a hi performance thermostat, the fan from the Boss engine, and the shroud from the 428 Mustang.

Here is the radiator I have... part number:051600SNDZ

http://www.usradiator.com/ford-mustang- ... iator.html
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”