sources

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
flatheadgary

sources

Post by flatheadgary »

just a little rant if you please. why can't people ever put a link to the sources where they get their parts from. if you just put a name that doesn't mean everybody knows them.

SASSY

Re: sources

Post by SASSY »

I've learned to google the name.
An example is Melvin's (http://www.melvinsclassicfordparts.com/) was given as a source, I'd never heard of 'em, (well that I can remember :lol: but I meet new people on my street every day :roll: ) but I easily found them by searching Melvin's auto parts, wasn't the right name but led me to them.
Or PM the poster, most guys are happy to help.
Me I'm usually too lazy to put up a link. I used Melvin's cause I had them open on another page
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Re: sources

Post by lavron »

flatheadgary wrote:just a little rant if you please. why can't people ever put a link to the sources where they get their parts from. if you just put a name that doesn't mean everybody knows them.
I try too but usually my stuff comes from eBay, Amazon, Speedway Motors, Summit Racing, RockAuto, local auto parts and farm supply stores, or the junk yard. I do occasionally use specialty places like Melvin's.

I will post part numbers in for some of the stuff I build (or cobble together) in case someone, for some reason, wants to recreate what I have done, I figure I am the only one that goes back and looks at those anyway :roll:

That being said I agree it is helpful to someone for others to note/reveal their sources for hard to find parts.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058