Gasser on Facebook

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
thrnelson

Gasser on Facebook

Post by thrnelson »

I saw this on Facebook marketplace this weekend. Seems to good to be true but I thought I would share it anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 860483177/

CosmicComets

Re: Gasser on Facebook

Post by CosmicComets »

The guy should sell it as a roller without the motor and trans, probably get more for it!
Take care, Cary
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

CosmicComets wrote:The guy should sell it as a roller without the motor and trans, probably get more for it!
Take care, Cary
I hear ya Cary! cant wait to hear pops take on it,,,,with that junk in the bay & the cragars. looks like same color as mine ,,& same painter, :roll: ,only mine is worse. mine is a 50 footer :roll:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
CosmicComets wrote:The guy should sell it as a roller without the motor and trans, probably get more for it!
Take care, Cary
I hear ya Cary! cant wait to hear pops take on it,,,,with that junk in the bay & the cragars. looks like same color as mine ,,& same painter, :roll: ,only mine is worse. mine is a 50 footer :roll:
POP has said before,,,am trying to keep my ford opinion under control....that just proves that one man's brain fade can ruin a great car,,,,,,the sad part is,,when he got thru building it,,,he stood back and felt proud of his self for what he'd built....like RON WHITE says... YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID !!…..or sell it at a profit....who wants it ???
pop/glenda

thrnelson

Post by thrnelson »

I agree on the engine and figured somebody would notice. I am hoping that the wrong brand engine is what is bringing the price down so low.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

thrnelson wrote:I agree on the engine and figured somebody would notice. I am hoping that the wrong brand engine is what is bringing the price down so low.
Low? 9000$? interior has been gutted,no door panels ,backseat package tray or headliner,original dash bezel gone, shock towers gone,gas tank gone, rusty quarters...which means there's no telling what else is covered up with the paintjob. rollbar looks tacked in the trunk. not knowing who built the front end I'd be leery of going fast in it. open diff on a too wide of a rearend. this car is made to look like an old racecar. it would take a ton of money to bring it back close to original, a sedan ,which doesn't have the resale value as a hardtop,though they do make better racecars. even cyclones have a limited group of people who want them compared to belly button cars so this car has a very limited market. being a gasser limits it even more. & that motor & trans is just in the way, & more work to put motor & trans mounts in to bolt a good combo in its place. [JMO!!!]
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

It'll sell, one born everyday. But, maybe the new owner will end up here for some guidance.
Reduced to 8 g
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about