Windshield washer nozzle and tubing

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
junkmurray

Windshield washer nozzle and tubing

Post by junkmurray »

OK...I've asked the 60-63 forum and haven't heard back from anybody so thought I'd ask this crowd.

I decided to give up putting my single speed windshield washer switch back together and decided to go full daily driver with my 63 S22 Hardtop. So in addition to installing a new Newport Engineering variable speed motor and switch, I'm also installing a washer pump (no washer kit originally on my 63 S22 hardtop) and wondered if anybody could show me a picture of how the tubing and washer nozzles would have been on one that had the optional washer kit.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.
Tim
63 S22 Hardtop 260

poboyjo65

Re: Windshield washer nozzle and tubing

Post by poboyjo65 »

here is the way mine was when I got it. hoses connected to a couple of steel lines going thru the cowl with the nozzles aimed up out of the cowl vents at the windshield. hose ran to a foot pump above the dimmer switch & hose ran from that to the reservoir out on the apron, the dull white box with black top on the driver apron.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

A little closer pic
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Here's how I did mine. It didn't come with a washer system either. Here's a picture of a universal tank with pump mounted and the main line leaving it and I ran it along the passenger fender.

Then ran the hose along the shock tower brace to the metal squirters shown by Sassy. Here is a picture showing this.

Hope this helps you
tom
tomb's 65