BACK SEAT SEATBELTS

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
thos25

BACK SEAT SEATBELTS

Post by thos25 »

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has installed back seat safety belts in their 1965 COMET, FALCON or MUSTANG? It seems like a pretty straight forward deal but maybe some belts work better that others. I ALWAYS like to ask because there is always someone who has done it, no matter what "IT" is! Thanks to All and kind regards, TOM

comethead

Re: BACK SEAT SEATBELTS

Post by comethead »

Yes I have Tom.
I found a set of stock black front seat belts and installed them in the rear. Once I located where they should go I drilled holes and installed them with grade 8 hardware and large washers on the bottom.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comethead wrote:Yes I have Tom.
I found a set of stock black front seat belts and installed them in the rear. Once I located where they should go I drilled holes and installed them with grade 8 hardware and large washers on the bottom.

Joe
and that will hold them til the cows come home......pop :wink: :lol:
pop/glenda

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

Simpson also sells mounting hardware pretty reasonable as i recall, with the swivels on the base. I also put an original front set in the rear of mine. When i had my 65 cyclone i bought a set of crow lap belts and cut the tags off of them, and they were a dead ringer for 65 shelby belts. This was about 15 years ago, im not sure if they still make them the same, but at the time as i recall they were pretty cheap.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

1964hipo wrote:Simpson also sells mounting hardware pretty reasonable as i recall, with the swivels on the base. I also put an original front set in the rear of mine. When i had my 65 cyclone i bought a set of crow lap belts and cut the tags off of them, and they were a dead ringer for 65 shelby belts. This was about 15 years ago, im not sure if they still make them the same, but at the time as i recall they were pretty cheap.
I purchased a set of belts from Crow a few months ago. They are great to work with, they make the belts per order so they are fresh. (Seat belts are dated and have an expiration date)
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”