Shock Tower cap

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
JBL

Shock Tower cap

Post by JBL »

Hello,

My apologizes if this has been discussed before but i recently changed my front shocks on my 64 and noticed that the part where the top of the shock mounts to the shock tower has a bushing or a piece of metal that is pressed in so when you tighten the top shock nut the rubber on the shock seats down onto it I'm not sure what its called but it is broken and allows the shock to move around in it. does anyone know what this piece is called or better yet where i may be able to purchase some. Thanks for your help.

Jims65cyclone

Re: Shock Tower cap

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I looked at some of the usual sites (Macs, Dearborn, etc.) and didn't see anything, but found this on ebay. It's for 62 - 63, but there is info at the bottom to contact him for other parts not listed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/62-63-FORD-FAL ... P#viTabs_0

There may be someone on the forum with a parts car who doesn't plan to use theirs that could be convinced to part with them. Good luck!

Jim

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

I think that tom at delta bay mustangs m brentwood california has all that stuff in stock,

JBL

Post by JBL »

Great. Thanks guys.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Should be plenty of these laying around with so many people going with a MII frontend. you might post in the ''wanted'' section. or you could just find a big washer,drill the center to the right size then weld it on your shock mount piece. even if you cant weld you could take it off & carry it to a shop & have them do it. mustang shock mounts are different.
Johno