64 Comet Cyclone at Mecum

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Lou's Comet

64 Comet Cyclone at Mecum

Post by Lou's Comet »

55K on a Thurs night. Includes buyers fee so I'm guessing it went for somewhere around 50K. Still nice to see the 64/65's still bringing money!

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0819-37928 ... t-cyclone/

popscomet

Re: 64 Comet Cyclone at Mecum

Post by popscomet »

that's a nice one...I got GLENDA one just like it only had AT,pwr steering,,same outside and inside same whl covers,,it was our 1st comet,,,early 70's.....pop
pop/glenda

barrys65cyclone

Post by barrys65cyclone »

Yes I was up yesterday it brought $55K

comet guy

Post by comet guy »

I thought the 64 cyclone had a cardboard headliner?

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

comet guy wrote:I thought the 64 cyclone had a cardboard headliner?
Mine did, but it does have the holes in the roof bracing to accept the metal bows for a fabric headliner. ( which I am installing instead of the cardboard version)

My opinion of that car selling for 55k is that someone paid way too much for a mediocre example of a Cyclone. It is fact that for some unknown reason early Cyclones do not demand the the same price as a Mustang. (For example)
For 55k it should be a low mileage, original, and highly optioned example.

There is a reason why they serve alcoholic beverages at most major auctions, I have been to enough of these events to witness the results of shiny paint and liquid refreshments.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim I think they are spiking the drinks! this truck sold for 70,000! :shock:
https://www.facebook.com/mkenzic/videos ... jYxNTcyNQ/
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Jim I think they are spiking the drinks! this truck sold for 70,000! :shock:
That's looks like a REALLY NICE! Truck. And guessing it is, it brought close to 45K on EBay earlier.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lou's Comet wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:Jim I think they are spiking the drinks! this truck sold for 70,000! :shock:
That's looks like a REALLY NICE! Truck. And guessing it is, it brought close to 45K on EBay earlier.
BOY,my dogs would be riding in high cotton in a truck like that,,I'd have to pick my beagles up to load them,but these long legged hounds ought to back off and jump and load,,,but I'd dread that 1st big mud hole,,,,so I'll pass on it ,why pay that much and afraid to use it...but it's pretty eye candy,,sittin in a garage 8) :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

barrys65cyclone

Post by barrys65cyclone »

popscomet wrote:
Lou's Comet wrote:
BOY,my dogs would be riding in high cotton in a truck like that,,I'd have to pick my beagles up to load them,but these long legged hounds ought to back off and jump and load,,,but I'd dread that 1st big mud hole,,,,so I'll pass on it ,why pay that much and afraid to use it...but it's pretty eye candy,,sittin in a garage 8) :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
Pops I spoke to the owner / builder of that truck at Mecum Thursday he said he would have taken 40K but 50K he would of been estatic I think he was happy at 70K no ? you had to see this truck in person it was sweet for sure no corners were cut on this one ! all orig sheet metal NO RUST REPAIRS just dents and dings ! that was a truck for sure he added Power Brakes & Headers thats was only deviations from stock.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the body's on 67-72 ford trucks were always so tight ,almost every one I have been around always had the best operating doors.they just clicked shut,,,no wind whistle or not much anyway while driving ...they were good trucks,,I drove a 71 over 12 yrs,,,,240 6cyl when new,,,,put a 289 then a FE then went back to the 240 6cyl....tough truck...body was always tight and never leaked ….just a great trk!!!!!!!!! thank you POP
pop/glenda