Tire SIze help

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
64Hula

Tire SIze help

Post by 64Hula »

Hey all, Just put the new wheels and tires on my 64 Caliente, I do not like the tire size, too small. They are 15" wheels. Currently they are 195/60/15. The new tires will be WHITE WALLS also, Would a 215/60R15 be an ok size? Or what do you all think?

Thank

popscomet

Re: Tire SIze help

Post by popscomet »

why a white wall ??….but it's yours and we all will back you up ,,,,, :shock: pop
pop/glenda

64Hula

Post by 64Hula »

popscomet wrote:why a white wall ??….but it's yours and we all will back you up ,,,,, :shock: pop
I have always loved the White Wall look, plus this is a family car both my sister and I own, we bought it in memory of our parents and she also loves the white wall look.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

64Hula wrote:
popscomet wrote:why a white wall ??….but it's yours and we all will back you up ,,,,, :shock: pop
I have always loved the White Wall look, plus this is a family car both my sister and I own, we bought it in memory of our parents and she also loves the white wall look.
then by all means go for white walls,,I agree....and bless you and your sister and the memory of your mom and dad,,,,hope this comet serves you and sister well....thank you...….POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

64Hula wrote:
Those are good reasons !! the best really. when you can look at a car & get a warm memory ,that is what makes all the hard work worth while. or drive it, or just sitting in it,,, smelling of it. A buddy of mine pulled up in his T model a few years ago. my longtime 90 yr old neighbor comes out of his house with a big smile,, he looked so happy,like a happy child. walked around it. asked my buddy if he could sit in it .of course you can. so he climbs in the back seat, sits right in the middle of it,looked all around ,up & down then dead ahead, smiling like a dog in back of a truck. my buddy said ''you can sit in the driver seat'' & he replied ''No ,this is where I use to sit,thanks. I really dont remember ever seeing that man smile that way !
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DON'T..you know that 90 yro fellow had a sweet memory for just awhile,,sitting in the middle of that seat probably brought one outstanding moment back front and center..this is the very reason these old cars need to be redone and seen ,,every year the local Pontiac club in this area hosts a free show and free food and drinks at the VET'S HOSP for the new and old soldiers ,some come out in wheel chairs some on crutchs and canes,some can't walk,,they talk about what they use to have what they use to do,,I let anyone of them if they want to get behind the whl they can crank that red comet up ,,,I guess if one was to ask,,,I'd take him for a ride...it's the best place I go to every year,,,just because of those soldiers,and to know what they have been thru..so if my ol red comet brings some smiles and grins from them,,,then I know why the lord blessed me with it for all these yrs....SO WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR OLD CAR OUT AND SOME ELDER MAN OR WOMAN WANTS TO SIT IN IT TOUCH IT,,,,then open the door,,,you have no idea what you may have done for that person,,,,we have let parents take their child out of a whl chair and put them behind the str whl to take their picture...anything to bring a smile !!stop and think,,there is a reason why you have that old car,,,that reason is THE good lord saw fit for you to have it....thank you ………….pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop even though he was a big tall guy he looked like a kid sitting on the edge of that back seat,looking all around it at first, then just sat & stared forward. you could tell he was re living riding with his dad. I always regretted not carrying him for a ride but I think he & his wife were leaving to go somewhere. but I told my buddy later we should carry him for a ride in it to get ice cream but we waited too long & the old man's health got worse & has since died. but the next time I spoke with the old man ,I asked him what he thought of that car, he got that same smile, & we talked for a bit, he was telling me car stories & mentioned how he met his wife. drove by her house & saw her, so he kept driving by & waving & smiling at her & her daddy said you better wave him in before he runs out of gas, & he said after the first pass he went & filled the tank & was determined to keep driving by until she noticed him. later after he died she told me the same story. funny thing was she told me right after I mentioned him smiling so big while sitting in the back of that old T model. :lol: :lol:
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

As we happily hijack this post, I can hardly not look at my Comet and think of my dad. One day I was driving down main street with my dad in the passenger seat when my dad reached over and honked the horn at a girl walking down the street, he was very good at embarrassing me :oops: especially since he was hard of hearing so all comments he made were quite loud :roll:

Good memories.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WAY pop sees it,hyjacking a post on here is what makes this place the best !!! this place is just like a pen pal club,,,sooner or later it does get back on the subject....and those were neat stories to post 8) :) .....I may change from POP to the hyjacker on here....it does have a certain little twang to it....what ya think ?? :shock: :roll: :wink:
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:.I may change from POP to the hyjacker on here
We might just call you Jack :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
popscomet wrote:.I may change from POP to the hyjacker on here
We might just call you Jack :P

See Ya,
Mike
that'll work,,just be sure to call me when the French fries are !!!......jack the hyjackin POP :!: :? :? :shock: :wink:
pop/glenda

mercuryman

Post by mercuryman »

Awesome awesome stories guys. That’s what make these cars so great. I have a 68 cougar xr7 that my brother found for me. He’s gone home to be with the Lord now. I feel him with me whenever I’m driving it. Hulu I’ve had 235-60s on the back and 215s on the front of my 65 cyclone. It’s a good look. 215s should work just fine though

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

mercuryman wrote:Awesome awesome stories guys. That’s what make these cars so great. I have a 68 cougar xr7 that my brother found for me. He’s gone home to be with the Lord now. I feel him with me whenever I’m driving it. Hulu I’ve had 235-60s on the back and 215s on the front of my 65 cyclone. It’s a good look. 215s should work just fine though
On my 64,I have 225 70's on the rear,,,215 70's on the front all on 6in whls,been on it forever,,they work perfect so I've always just left them on there,same thing everytime I put on new tires...my deal is if it ain't broke....don't fix it !!…….pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I've got 215/65/15 front, 235/60/15 rear. 15x7x3.75BS TTII's all the way around. I do get some slight rubbing on sharp turns on the front. Wish I had gone with 215/60/15's on the front. They would have been the same width, but nearly an inch smaller in diameter, which would have been enough to prevent my rubbing.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?ti ... -215-60r15

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

you know,I have a brand new set of 15x7 ttd;s that I have had for longer then I have had my comet,still in the box,,,lug nuts and caps,,,have gave thought next time for new tires,,might go that route,,,but would it really matter?? would it be a plus or a minus ….what would I gain ? or loose ?...………. :roll: pop
pop/glenda