Caliente hubcap different offsets F & R?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
luc3ch

Caliente hubcap different offsets F & R?

Post by luc3ch »

A guy at the swap meet a few weeks ago was telling me the stock Caliente hubcaps had a bigger offset on the front ones to clear the bearing grease cap.

Is this true? Thinking about getting hubcaps off Fleabay and don't want an unusable set.
1964 Comet Caliente, 302, upgraded to Toploader, front disk brakes ready for 2021 season after the snow melts!

SASSY

Re: Caliente hubcap different offsets F & R?

Post by SASSY »

Dud you fall for it?
I got hub caps
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

luc3ch wrote:A guy at the swap meet a few weeks ago was telling me the stock Caliente hubcaps had a bigger offset on the front ones to clear the bearing grease cap.

Is this true? Thinking about getting hubcaps off Fleabay and don't want an unusable set.
He may be thinking of the Cyclone faux chrome wheel hub caps. They are specific front and rear, all others are the same no matter which corner of the car they are installed on.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

A/FX wrote: He may be thinking of the Cyclone faux chrome wheel hub caps. They are specific front and rear, all others are the same no matter which corner of the car they are installed on.
Well I learned something today, Thanks for sharing
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

luc3ch

Post by luc3ch »

Thanks, I can order the wire style ones as a set then.
1964 Comet Caliente, 302, upgraded to Toploader, front disk brakes ready for 2021 season after the snow melts!