bucket seat

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
barbee6043

bucket seat

Post by barbee6043 »

I want to install Bostrum style bucket seats in my 64 202 car. I have done this several times with early B body Mopar (like 64 Belvederes). MoparA100 seats are hard to find and $$ plus the $$ for custom seat covers, SO I have used the repop Jeep CJ seats for such. Very very close to the A100 seat and inexpensive. MY question is can I simple weld in floor supports for the seat at tunnel side??? Seems like somewhere I have seen a under floor bracket for such????? (Yes I do have to fab the seat floor brackets.)

DesertRat

Re: bucket seat

Post by DesertRat »

Hey Barbee, imagine seeing you here! My 65 Cyclone is a factory bucket seat car, I saved the original seats and installed a new floor pan. Below is a photo of my floorpan. You can see the front seat mounts if you look closely. You wont be using factory seats but the backers show how the factory did it. Let me know if you need more info---------DesertRat from FABO---------------
Imageimagehost ru
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

barbee6043

Post by barbee6043 »

Small old car world ain't it!!??? I have always wanted a 64 Merc Comet type ride!! Looks like they made a U channel out of maybe 10 ga. for the seat to attach to??? I want to do a frame connectors but looks like that could be a challenge for this old guy to figure those angles lying on my back!! always fabbed my own on the Mopars, but.......

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Yes you can see the floor is for a bucket seat car. The front braces are just backers and the rear braces are built into the floor supports. I had to trim the floor supports and then welded them to the subframe connectors. But the holes are for the factory bucket seat rails. The subframe connectors are from US Car Tool as I recall and they were reasonably priced. They fit correctly too which is always a win. Yes I am pleased to see another FABO member here building one of these Comets. They are the coolest although I wouldn't trade my 67 BC notch either!!
barbee6043 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:10 pm
Small old car world ain't it!!??? I have always wanted a 64 Merc Comet type ride!! Looks like they made a U channel out of maybe 10 ga. for the seat to attach to??? I want to do a frame connectors but looks like that could be a challenge for this old guy to figure those angles lying on my back!! always fabbed my own on the Mopars, but.......
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image