New Member 1st post

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
FERoadster

New Member 1st post

Post by FERoadster »

Watching for about a year:

I've been a Comet owner since 1965 when I bought my '65 Caliente new from a car dealer in Rochester Michigan. It's been stored inside since 1972. Finally hauled it from Michigan to Oregon 2 years ago. MercuryJunky (Ken) saw it on my flatbed as we passed seperate directions in Colorado on Satae road 160.

I retired in 2003 after 33 years for a Gas Utility in Detroit Michigan & immediatly moved to Oregon.
Plans are a few more years off but cut to the chase FE, C6, 9" and some type of I beam dropped axle.

Other FE projects in front of this, however, are all FE Powered. 1948 Lincoln Continental Chopped, 60 Vette with a 6X2 intake toploader, 31 A roadster with a Latham supercharger Toploader. I've been collecting all of the part sinc 1977 & now have them ... now it's time to get to work.

I'm on the FE Forum under this name FERoadster on on HAMB as Movin/on. Always looking for FE speed stuff.

Richard

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: New Member 1st post

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Welcome, you have quite a collection. A FE powered Vette, take that all you Chevy powered 32 Fords! I would love to see some pictures of all your cars. I wish we could have met when you where still back here in beautiful Michigan.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Welcome! Look forward to 'chatting' with you and hopefully seeing some pictures of those awesome rides!
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Richard;welcome to the BEST Comet site!!! Keep us posted on your Comet project.You beat me on ownership years,I bought my 65 Caliente in the spring of 67. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Welcome Sounds Impressive "Big Block Fan" my first rebuild was 360 for my first pickup. its still capable of running. i even have a spare 390 on a stand in the garage.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Movin/on

Post by Movin/on »

Edit: I copied this intro to the Classifieds.

After 5 years I'm back. I didn't realize that I'd joined the forum but have "lurked" many times.
Roy Pool seemed to be the last post and I miss the info and his cander on his Comet, What a great guy he was.
I'm older now (70'ish) and times are Movin/on. I was formally FERoadster and still am on FE Forum and FEPower as that name. Hamb and Garage Journal are Movin/on.
Any way I'm selling my one owner 1965 Caliente HT with 61036 miles and stored since 1972. My 1948 Lincoln Conti 390 FE , 427 FE stroker 1960 Vette project, 1931 FE Model A roadster FE project and 445 FE Volvo P1800 project are all in the way before this so the Comet has to go.

I've got any pictures to show the overall condition so Cal/text me and we can exchange e-mails to send you 20-30 photos. Don't want to gum up things here.

Richard
Attachments
Comet Dash.jpg
Comet Dash.jpg (121.22 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Comet DriverSide.jpg
Comet DriverSide.jpg (164.64 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Comet PassSide.jpg
Comet PassSide.jpg (186.14 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Last edited by Movin/on on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome back!! Nice car!! :D what's under the dash? reverb? we love pics! keep them coming, it wont gum anything up ,it's all different now. Yea Roy is missed by many in many places.
Johno

Nelli65

Post by Nelli65 »

That car will be beautiful when restored. Love the color.