1964 Comet Headliner

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
corky broughton

1964 Comet Headliner

Post by corky broughton »

Dear Group,

I was wondering if a headliner from a 1964-68 Mustang Coupe can be used on a 1964 Comet 2 door hardtop. According to a dealer of Comet Headliners on ebay the headliners are different but he was not able to explain what the difference is. Does anyone have knowledge on what the differences are or if the headliner from a Mustang Coupe can be used on a 64 Comet.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday Season and a Happy New Year. Hope to see you in June at the Comet Gathering, Take care, Corky

popscomet

Re: 1964 Comet Headliner

Post by popscomet »

IF the dealer don't know diff from a comet or stang head liner,I for sure wouldn't buy one from him,,he might send you the wrong one to start with,,,,,not knowing for sure but it more than likely has to do with the location of the bows to start with and how much material is left between the end bows toward frt and rear glass,,,,thats just my way of looking at it....jmo.....................Corky, I'll be calling you soon on the phone....thanks................pop :D
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

There is NO way a Muscrat headliner will fit! Look at the size of the side windows in a Comet vs a Muscrat,look at the size of the rear pillars,sedan or hardtop,of a Comet vs a Mustang! That guy probably sells land in Southern Florida[Everglades]when not selling car parts!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YOU said it the best ROY,,I was thinking the same way,I was just to bashful to put it in the words you used,think he's from america?? :?: :oops: pop
pop/glenda

pro64

Post by pro64 »

i purchased a headliner off e bay for a 64 hardtop in mooncrater black sun visorcovers also it looks fine to me. for what the charge for it y would u want one for a muskrat..