poboyjos ride

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Rocket989

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by Rocket989 »

Nice!! Yah, don't push it if roads are damp!! :shock:

I didn't make it outta work early...was hoping for a quick ride. Temps are headed back down to the freezer tonight! Only in the Midwest (and some deserts I guess!) will you see a 47-degree temp swing in less than a day!! :roll: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Post by comethead »

poboyjo65 wrote:
loman wrote:Looks good JohnO. We just need some rain to wash that brine off of the roads so you can get a test ride in.
Got the rain last night. close to 70* for a high today but cloudy . the roads were washed off but not quite dry, they're still damp from rain & I think still sweating from the temp change It was about 10* sunday. But this evening I got in a little testing but with unpredictable road conditions I didnt push it too hard , but it seems tighter now when switching directions & in a bouncy curves. I dont think I could ask for it to drive better with out forkin out some big bucks for adjustable shocks.right now I have KYB gas adjusts front & back. I'm really happy with the sliders so far on this initial test drive ! :D :P
Nice! You shoulda pushed it and REALLY test out the suspension and brakes and seat cushion! :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe I'm old enough that the work don't get done in one day & the testing done get all done in one day either :lol: :roll: It was just too unpredictable. yesterday I was dodging slick spots hiding in shady areas, just didnt feel right. when the road sweats it seems to push the oil up too. I was breaking loose if I got too rowdy in the damp spots hammering out of a curve. Seemed like the wiggle was minimized in that situation & when you regain traction too! :P I think these sliders would be good for the twisty roads ! :)
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

It works!
Sounds great John...you shoulda goosed it!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

A goose for comethead Joe, produced by Chester Hagen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_zUHZQ2TOM
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Oooh! She sounds good. 8) I guess it's just an optical illusion, but at the beginning of the video, it looks like you've got about an 8" step up into your garage. :shock: I was wondering if you had to get a running start to get the car in there, but as you got closer to it, it looks like a stepped ramp that's not so high? :?
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim the shop is actually down hill. There is a ditch concrete ditch in front of it with piece of catwalk material as a grate covering it. it's full of leaves right now :roll: . the attached garage is level with the bottom of the coke machine. If you look at the last video I just put up it is a different angle & kinda shows the grade,,although the camera isn't level, you can still tell. Joe wanted a goose,anything for a buddy ya know! :P
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Do you have a crossover pipe (H or X), or is each side independent?
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

no X or H Jim. the CC group advised against it. doug's tri y's, into 4' of straight 2.5,mufflers, 2.5 to the back.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I must have missed that. What were the negatives for X/H? :?
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It started here on page 42. basically to keep it sounding old school.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... &start=615
I think the next page has some exhaust pics & more comments about x & H pipes
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

poboyjo65 wrote:A goose for comethead Joe, produced by Chester Hagen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_zUHZQ2TOM
Damn that sounds GOOD! :D

tirefryer

Hey Folks. Power steering question here 65

Post by tirefryer »

Hi folks. Been awhile since I've been here. I was thinking of adding that new Borgeson power steering box that works like the older GM power steering boxes. They say you only have to "shorten" the steering column a few inches for it to work. The kit even comes with a new power steering pump, brackets, and hoses. As I said before, the only alterations you need to do is shorten the steering column a few inches. Has anyone from this site ever done this? I'm torn between a Power rack and pinion and this Borgeson type. Thank you Greg McCord

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

tirefryer the obstacle that you will face you on either swap is your old shaft now is solid from the box to the steering wheel it will need to be cut or use a different shaft,or a different complete column like an aftermarket one, or one that is the desired length from a later ford.An aftermarket column would be the easiest but most expensive. One other problem with the borgeson if you use a rag joint coupling ,is it lands right where the floor is, about half in & half out of the cabin. But if you use a solid coupler it would fit inside the column tube & eliminate this problem with a trade off of more vibration to the steering wheel. I made a cover for the rag joint on mine, pics on page 21 of poboyjos ride - thread, also pics of the borgeson box on that page or near that page. one other thing you'll need if you shorten your shaft it will need a bearing close to the bottom end. I used the lower bearing from a truck column. up to 77 ford truck is the same diameter column tube & shaft, only the lengths are different. I used the complete column from the truck just shortened & relocated the lower bearing, with the comet steering wheel.
Johno